2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes was definitely a good piece of business without doubt. Same could be said for persuading Bernard to sign on a free.

That’s to be tested still. Lukaku delivered for us. Bernard hasn’t done anything yet ... great baller but add 12 goals and even more assists and sell on for a £50m profit and it’s comparable..

The Martinez deal to not only convince Lukaku to join us and then pay less than £30m... probably the best high profile deal of the last 25 years.

It was an excellent piece of business, but worth pointing out that £28m then was a much bigger amount than it is now, in football terms if that makes sense?

That’s to be tested still. Lukaku delivered for us. Bernard hasn’t done anything yet ... great baller but add 12 goals and even more assists and sell on for a £50m profit and it’s comparable..
I guess it depends on your definition of delivered. For me yes he scored goals, was lazy at times, delivering to me would be if we won something at the same time also, fa cup et al, but that’s not all on him to achieve that. Bernard yes took time to settle but last 6 months or so has been excellent and looking forward to see what he can do next season, even better if he has a decent striker to feed in to etc.

...I remember £28m was an awful lot of money at the time. I suppose it was a bit like paying £40m for Richarlison. Folk baulked at both, but they turned out to be good business.

Yeah for us it was.. was a huge paradigm shift for many fans... for the big boys that was low to mid range.. yeah good comparison to Richi... if we end up selling him to Barca in 4 years for £100m it would deffo be up there. We deffo took a jump on other teams by getting him in when we did...

Yeah for us it was.. was a huge paradigm shift for many fans... for the big boys that was low to mid range.. yeah good comparison to Richi... if we end up selling him to Barca in 4 years for £100m it would deffo be up there. We deffo took a jump on other teams by getting him in when we did...
One thing for sure is that we haven’t replaced him as of yet, hopefully this will be the transfer window that we do that, and we can kick on further up the league and a cup would be nice.

3 of those loans... hardly the same thing... still good signings though. Brands doing a great job so far, crazy to think otherwise
Doing ok. That's my point though. "Ok", not Time Magazine Man of the Year stuff...which some seem to argue.

Doing ok. That's my point though. "Ok", not Time Magazine Man of the Year stuff...which some seem to argue.
Donald Trump has been on the cover of Time 29 times so 'nuff said about that lol I think the wave of optimism is fuelling the buzz around Brands and to be fair, he's not made a mess so far and we have some great players through him

His first year signings were better value for money. The Mina deal is a disaster.

LOL

This is a joke, right?

He signed Kone, who we lost money on, Robles, who we lost money on, McCarthy, who we will lose money on, McGeady, who we lost money on and Anton Freaking Alcaraz.

Meanwhile, big Marcel is out there signing the best LB in Europe and Brazils number 9.

LOL

P
A
R
O
D
Y

Status
Not open for further replies.