2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wed just beat west ham 4-0. We were 12th.

Sam was appointed before West Ham.

Im not claiming we won cos of him, but at the time of his appointment we were in trouble, yes the West Ham game gave us a bump and then we kicked on.

Without a crystal ball we cant say how else it would have gone, but personally I doubt many other managers could have got us 8th, from were we where.

Moshiri wanted Brands originally and you have to give him credit for it.

Since Brands has come in the squad and transfers feel completely under control. Every signing fits an obvious plan and we’re getting every player at a great fee.

The only question mark so far is Mina who has shown glimpses of quality and had a lot of bad luck with injuries. With that in mind his track record so far has been top drawer.

Let’s hope he whips up some more magic and gets a proper striker in to compete with DCL. It’s the one obvious missing piece of the puzzle.

Im not claiming we won cos of him, but at the time of his appointment we were in trouble, yes the West Ham game gave us a bump and then we kicked on.

Without a crystal ball we cant say how else it would have gone, but personally I doubt many other managers could have got us 8th, from were we where.
Then you clearly are claiming we won because of him.
We sacked koeman too early after a terribly tough opening set of fixtures. He should have been fired but not without a replacement lined up. Sacking koeman and hiring sam were moshiri decisions (he wanted silva tbf)

Moshiri wanted Brands originally and you have to give him credit for it.

Since Brands has come in the squad and transfers feel completely under control. Every signing fits an obvious plan and we’re getting every player at a great fee.

The only question mark so far is Mina who has shown glimpses of quality and had a lot of bad luck with injuries. With that in mind his track record so far has been top drawer.

Let’s hope he whips up some more magic and gets a proper striker in to compete with DCL. It’s the one obvious missing piece of the puzzle.

There could be a case to make regarding why buy Mina when he was injured? But hes been VERY unlucky with injuries, mainly impact injuries, which cant be seen. Hes shown quality at times and then theres the Millwall game, where I thought he was disgusting. So yeah for me hes the only question mark.

Little Bernie of course needs to up his digits, but his xG, xA and smart pass digits suggests hes on the right track and hes a little magic man.

The rest of them speak for themselves.

In short, Marcel Brands, he only really knows how to sign ballers.

There could be a case to make regarding why buy Mina when he was injured? But hes been VERY unlucky with injuries, mainly impact injuries, which cant be seen. Hes shown quality at times and then theres the Millwall game, where I thought he was disgusting. So yeah for me hes the only question mark.

Little Bernie of course needs to up his digits, but his xG, xA and smart pass digits suggests hes on the right track and hes a little magic man.

The rest of them speak for themselves.

In short, Marcel Brands, he only really knows how to sign ballers.

I suppose we took a similar (less expensive) risk on Gomes as he was injured at the time too. That Millwall game was a disaster all round, what a missed opportunity that was..

I think Mina could really go either way but him being key for a very good Colombia side will help keep his value regardless of how he does here.

Bernard is one of those players that doesn’t get big numbers but to be fair he missed about 10 absolute sitters. His composure in front of goal is non-existent but he seems to help keep us in games, as does Gomes. For a free transfer it’s another top addition.

Time will tell though. I would say a large amount of the fanbase are desperate for a striker and until he brings one in there’ll always be some who doubt him..

We sacked koeman too early after a terribly tough opening set of fixtures. He should have been fired but not without a replacement lined up. Sacking koeman and hiring sam were moshiri decisions (he wanted silva tbf)

Im not giving him credit, im saying that when we made the decision to appoint him, it was made prior to the West Ham game, when we were up crappy creek without a paddle.

I do also think we sacked Koeman a little early, but that goes back to the utter shambles the team was. When its working your bosses probably dont mind up if your last in and first out to the tee everyday. But yeah, The Moshs arse went for sure and IMO rightly so.

I also suspect that Moshiri didnt think Watford would dig in so much, naively probably, I mean he was clearly told from Silvas end that he wanted it and rumours of us offering them upwards of 12m. So in comes Unsy and things really arent improving, so at that point you play a safety.

For me whatever happened has happened and its led us to this point.

Walsh, Koeman, Sam, they have all brought us to Brands and Silva.

I suppose we took a similar (less expensive) risk on Gomes as he was injured at the time too. That Millwall game was a disaster all round, what a missed opportunity that was..

I think Mina could really go either way but him being key for a very good Colombia side will help keep his value regardless of how he does here.

Bernard is one of those players that doesn’t get big numbers but to be fair he missed about 10 absolute sitters. His composure in front of goal is non-existent but he seems to help keep us in games, as does Gomes. For a free transfer it’s another top addition.

Time will tell though. I would say a large amount of the fanbase are desperate for a striker and until he brings one in there’ll always be some who doubt him..

Not an easy task. The thinking could be "ShArE ThE GoAlS", I really, really hope not.

But as overjoyed as I am to nail Gomes, it meant I had to add another player to our first team squad, it honestly makes me weep, 38 players, at least 20 of which we could sell tomorrow and I would be made complete.

Im hopeful that once everybody "gets back to work" on Monday things will start popping off, AFCON, Copa America, U21 and Gold Cup thingy on also, granted its no proper WC or a Euros, but its a factor, albeit a very small 1. But the real graft will be getting that number 38 down to at the very least something low 20s.

Koeman was a bad fit from the off sadly.

He just never fully bought into the club and the moment things went wrong he just folded.

He was a complete disaster.

We wouldn’t have got 8th but we would have definitely stayed up with unsworth. Or any other manger. We were never going down or have been in any serious trouble.
After West Ham did we beat Huddersfield at home? And move up to 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.