2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way this isn't me waxing lyrical because we've got Gomes over the line. This comes from my personal opinion of for the first time it feels like we got someone with an actual plan.
Our recruitment last summer shows that Brands knows what he’s doing. Moshiri gets a lot of stick, but if only he’d got Brands first time of asking. Can you imagine Brands being given the money Walsh largely wasted.

This fella is probably the first person we've had at the club since the games gone global who actually knows what's he's doing.

He'll prove to be one of our greatest appointments.
For me Brands is the first Moshiri appointment where we went out and got the most proven candidate for the position the club could realistically attract.
Jury still out on Silva. Koeman was a world class player but only a mediocre manager. Sasha the young Russian had done nothing impressive. Walsh was a proven top scout but a pension age man who'd never been DOF and the most uninspiring of all, Doctor Professor DBB who'd worked in education before running a small charity.
There's one, highly unpopular, exception. BFF was absolutely the right appointment until season end given our position. Shame we let him spend though,

For me Brands is the first Moshiri appointment where we went out and got the most proven candidate for the position the club could realistically attract.
Jury still out on Silva. Koeman was a world class player but only a mediocre manager. Sasha the young Russian had done nothing impressive. Walsh was a proven top scout but a pension age man who'd never been DOF and the most uninspiring of all, Doctor Professor DBB who'd worked in education before running a small charity.
There's one, highly unpopular, exception. BFF was absolutely the right appointment until season end given our position. Shame we let him spend though,
Walsh was way out his depth but he still signed some significant players for us.

A lot of work that will have this summer

Sell guys like Stekelenburg Cuco, Sandro,Mirallas,Bolasie or Niasse will not be easy

This fella is probably the first person we've had at the club since the games gone global who actually knows what's he's doing.

He'll prove to be one of our greatest appointments.
The striker sitch is gonna seal it for me, i was a bit miffed over him not sorting that out so if he works some magic and gets 2 decent strikers in his picture will never come down off my wall.

Doing good so far but needs to get a striker in.

Then again we have been saying that for most seasons since Moyes was here other than the Lukaku years so it clearly isn't that easy.

The striker sitch is gonna seal it for me, i was a bit miffed over him not sorting that out so if he works some magic and gets 2 decent strikers in his picture will never come down off my wall.
He'll earn his money here. Remember though every top team is looking for "That" striker. Hardest position in the world to fill that's why so many teams look for goal scoring midfielders. I'd love a boss striker but I think a ruthless team with goals from everywhere is our best route till we can actually compete for a world class forward.

He'll earn his money here. Remember though every top team is looking for "That" striker. Hardest position in the world to fill that's why so many teams look for goal scoring midfielders. I'd love a boss striker but I think a ruthless team with goals from everywhere is our best route till we can actually compete for a world class forward.

That's why I think he's trying to get someone like Neres in, I think he might be thinking about Richarlison back up top again or at least rotating. Gylfie 12+ Richarlison 15+, then we would need CL to get 10+ and a new signing to get 10 to 15+. Bernard I think we'd be lucky to get 5 out of him as it ain't his game.

Solid to get a top slotter so can we get players who will spread the goals about.

Bff? Allardyce? He was never the right appointment

Status
Not open for further replies.