Just got to look at the incomings
Richarlison: absolute hit transformed our attack 10/10
Bernard: quality player still hitting his stride 7/10
Gomes: Looks a few leagues above schieds and Davies 8/10
Dinge: Baines reincarnated 10/10
Zouma: best CB 8/10
Mina: to soon to judge

My personal rankings for our best players go
1. Richarlison 2. Pickford 3. Glfyi 4. Dinge 5. Gomes 6. Gueye 7. Zouma 8.Bernard 9. Coleman 10. Walcott

Instantly we have a new level of quality
Give it a few weeks and Gomes will be No 1 or 2 on that list
If he finds his Valencia form he will be our best midfielder in the last 25 years

For the right price they would certainly, I'd also hope we try to use the connection between clubs due to brands to start loaning players to them, the likes of dowell, baningime, DCL, Kenny etc would gain massive confidence by such moves, also then allows us to create a work permit stop over deal for assessing with the likes of the onyekurus we may sign

The lad who I think it would really benefit would probably be DCL. I think he probably needs to work at the technical aspects of his game which the Dutch league is based upon.

Lay good odds that Lozano will end up here in January or the Summer mate, after reading that even moreso.

Boss having someone in this role who actually has a clue about the job though isn't it

Its's a good article that. A couple of things stick out (above the fact he clearly still likes Lozano).

The first is that he is well thought of still at PSV. How your previous employer thinks of you makes a big difference. When they joined us Allardyce, Koeman were not so well spoken about. People spoke well of Walsh but didn't really outline what he did so clearly. He'd just played an important role in Leicesters greatest achievement so you would expect as much. That they still speak so highly of Brands is very telling in how he operated and how he left.

It is also possibly why he didn't push the Lozano deal in the summer. He has a degree of integrity. In the short term it may mean he leaves a bit later, but in the medium to long term it means you maintain relationships. You can see the value in that in his trip to Barcelona in the summer where he has ended up coming back with 3 top draw players. It's by no means a fluke, it's a product of professional conduct and not being short sighted.

At the club before him we've probably had an attitude of "we'll have what we want regardless". It's what we did with Silva, Koeman, Sigurdsson etc and in truth didn't work out well for us. If Walsh was here I could imagine we wouldn't have listened to their "no" very clearly and would have probably ended up paying a fortune for the lad and rupturing a relationship in the game.

The 2nd bit that was interesting was see tried to get him 12 months before. I knew we were in form him in 2016 but the fact we tried again in 2017 says a lot. It shows us Moshiri was clearly sceptical of Walsh even before last summers debacle. It also suggests he would have been happy to sacrifice Koeman to get Brands, as everything has suggested that while the two remain good friends they would have struggled to work together.

For such a conclusion to be drawn after a season where we finished 7th is very interesting. Mossier clearly wasn't happy with the progress he had seen or at the very least felt Koeman/Walsh hadn't shown him enough in that season. Given the summer and the start to the following season that point can lose a bit of weight in terms of significance but I think it's extremely important. It probably guides the values and aspirations Silva/Brands will be held too. Finishing 7th, miles ahead of the rest of the league isn't what Moshiri is looking for.

Its's a good article that. A couple of things stick out (above the fact he clearly still likes Lozano).

The first is that he is well thought of still at PSV. How your previous employer thinks of you makes a big difference. When they joined us Allardyce, Koeman were not so well spoken about. People spoke well of Walsh but didn't really outline what he did so clearly. He'd just played an important role in Leicesters greatest achievement so you would expect as much. That they still speak so highly of Brands is very telling in how he operated and how he left.

It is also possibly why he didn't push the Lozano deal in the summer. He has a degree of integrity. In the short term it may mean he leaves a bit later, but in the medium to long term it means you maintain relationships. You can see the value in that in his trip to Barcelona in the summer where he has ended up coming back with 3 top draw players. It's by no means a fluke, it's a product of professional conduct and not being short sighted.

At the club before him we've probably had an attitude of "we'll have what we want regardless". It's what we did with Silva, Koeman, Sigurdsson etc and in truth didn't work out well for us. If Walsh was here I could imagine we wouldn't have listened to their "no" very clearly and would have probably ended up paying a fortune for the lad and rupturing a relationship in the game.

The 2nd bit that was interesting was see tried to get him 12 months before. I knew we were in form him in 2016 but the fact we tried again in 2017 says a lot. It shows us Moshiri was clearly sceptical of Walsh even before last summers debacle. It also suggests he would have been happy to sacrifice Koeman to get Brands, as everything has suggested that while the two remain good friends they would have struggled to work together.

For such a conclusion to be drawn after a season where we finished 7th is very interesting. Mossier clearly wasn't happy with the progress he had seen or at the very least felt Koeman/Walsh hadn't shown him enough in that season. Given the summer and the start to the following season that point can lose a bit of weight in terms of significance but I think it's extremely important. It probably guides the values and aspirations Silva/Brands will be held too. Finishing 7th, miles ahead of the rest of the league isn't what Moshiri is looking for.
Good post
As to your last point I think you are correct
Moshiri said at the time that we only have a short timeframe to grab success
I thought at the time he meant before Stones Rom and Barkley left , but maybe he knew more than any of us where the game was headed ( European super league )
With United in flux with Pogba making noises and Jose’s future being questioned , plus Spurs up and down form and reluctance to spend money , I feel if Brands /Silva think top 4/5 this season is a possibility then I feel Moshiri will back them
Every signing this season has been a success , so their reputation has only increased
I’ve no idea ( well I have actually ( where the money is coming from but I wasn’t expecting the level of spending we seen in the summer , so another couple of players in January wouldn’t surprise me at all

Could you imagine...

I can

However, assuming we have bucks to burn, what/who would you get to improve that further?What area and realistic signings could we do?

Edit, Bernard the current weak link(early days I know) so swap him with Ricco and get and out and out striker.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if a deal has effectively been agreed upon for January or the summer already.

I could see next summer being more likely, but there'd also be a load of clubs in for him.

It depends where he sees himself and just how important any personal relationship with Brands is, as well.

Does Lozano think he's ready to go to one of the European elites (in terms of stature - PSG, Bayern, Juve, Chelsea, City, Barca, Madrid, Utd etc) or perhaps the level down from that, which I think is more likely.

It'd probably be on Brands to convince Lozano that we're the club that can do what PSV did and help him get to the next level. But there's plenty of clubs that are in that bracket that are already on a level above us in terms of where they are in their development/size/European footy (i.e. Inter, Valencia, Porto/Benfica, Dortmund, Roma, Arsenal, Spurs).

I'm not saying it's not possible, because I think Mina fell into exactly the same category and we saw how that worked out, but I don't reckon it's cut and dry in any way.

If we did steal a march and try in January, then that would signal a deal had already been agreed in principle (but I can't see PSV limiting how much they could make if a bidding war got started purely to keep sweet with a former employee).

I can

However, assuming we have bucks to burn, what/who would you get to improve that further?What area and realistic signings could we do?

Edit, Bernard the current weak link(early days I know) so swap him with Ricco and get and out and out striker.

Bernard will be amazing, you wait. Already shown glimpses. We do need another striker though. Werner would be the one for me that I think would be obtainable.

A class right back to back up Seamus would be great and to bed in slowly. The shouts of Wan Bissaka excite me but even more so is who Brands could be looking at.

I also think a CAM to challenge Gylfi would be great but right now, I think that team would easily contend with the top 6/4.

Bernard will be amazing, you wait. Already shown glimpses. We do need another striker though. Werner would be the one for me that I think would be obtainable.

A class right back to back up Seamus would be great and to bed in slowly. The shouts of Wan Bissaka excite me but even more so is who Brands could be looking at.

I also think a CAM to challenge Gylfi would be great but right now, I think that team would easily contend with the top 6/4.

Unless we get CL, then we cant really attract a class CAM as just back up. Its more likely that Bernard and even Dowell would be used to replace Gylfi, when needed.

I could see next summer being more likely, but there'd also be a load of clubs in for him.

It depends where he sees himself and just how important any personal relationship with Brands is, as well.

Does Lozano think he's ready to go to one of the European elites (in terms of stature - PSG, Bayern, Juve, Chelsea, City, Barca, Madrid, Utd etc) or perhaps the level down from that, which I think is more likely.

It'd probably be on Brands to convince Lozano that we're the club that can do what PSV did and help him get to the next level. But there's plenty of clubs that are in that bracket that are already on a level above us in terms of where they are in their development/size/European footy (i.e. Inter, Valencia, Porto/Benfica, Dortmund, Roma, Arsenal, Spurs).

I'm not saying it's not possible, because I think Mina fell into exactly the same category and we saw how that worked out, but I don't reckon it's cut and dry in any way.

If we did steal a march and try in January, then that would signal a deal had already been agreed in principle (but I can't see PSV limiting how much they could make if a bidding war got started purely to keep sweet with a former employee).

Here's the interesting thing though mate, the same thing was said about the number of clubs who'd be after him after the world cup, yet no one actually to my knowledge tabled a bid or made a serious approach, why exactly - not sure, unless any initial enquiries where met and rebuffed by the player/agent/family, which would suggest they have a timetable of two years at PSV then a move - ultimately surely a player rarely especially these days moves straight from that league and into one of the very top sides anymore. The ones who do make that move tend to do so as a squad player also.

The interim move - especially for a 20/21 year old is by far and away the most common and most sensible long term strategy, from the sounds of it brands personally was the factor in his move to PSV, the part about meeting several times with the players family is very revealing and cone any future decision will play a sizeable factor - as will the player and brands sharing the same agent now also.

As for the lines of inter, Roma, Valencia, and a few others being more attractive at this stage in his career, I'd disagree, it's a higher profile league, to a club which would pay more wages, seems to be ambitious and is starting to generate a bit of a buzz about it, with a dof whose promises he knows he'd be able to rely on in regards his role.

And much as I dislike the fact, a club that's shown it will sell its best young players after a period of commitment to the club, such as Lukaku and stones rather than force them to see out contracts etc.

“Everybody wanted to sign Lozano but Marcel was successful in getting him because he always has a plan for the players.

“It was the personal interest.

“Marcel went to talk to him and his family two times and so then there was a relationship.

“He told Lozano that PSV would develop him and prepare him to make the step into Europe but it was that personal interest which meant the club signed him.

“He will stay with us for two years and then make the big step to a big club.”

Never realised until I copy and pasted it but the Echo's quotation marks are all over the place there.

Anyway, the above sounds very promising with regards to us signing Lozano. The strength of feeling he will have towards Brands for helping make his move to Europe a success shouldn't be underestimated.

Everton would be a great move for him at the moment and he's still a good few years from him peak. We'd offer him more money, Prem experience and by all accounts the opportunity to work with a great coach - and as before, Marcel would have a plan for him!

Status
Not open for further replies.