2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm quite sure the club don't care in the least which hierarchy you believe in. Nor do you seem to know what his job is. Director of football is the above first team manager and that was made clear in the initial presser and interviews with both Brands and Silva. Your proclivity for delusion is endlessly entertaining.
Do you think Franco Baldini is a more important figure than Pochettino? Txiki Begiristain more important than Guardiola? Michael Edwards more important than Klopp?

Doesn't need to say it, he implies it with his public presence.
Its all really daveception though, because Dave is busy here telling Marcel how to do his job, and Dave knows that marcel is telling Marco how to do his, so in reality Dave is the one telling Marco how to do his job....

Which means Dave is railing against himself, the REAL problem....

Daveception.

What, to request that we all see the actual manager of Everton in a traditional light: THE most important person at the club?

How is that being silly?
You’ve said it yourself there Dave. Traditional
Most big teams either are using the DOF model or considering it ( Man Utd )
There’s too much involved nowadays for one man to run things
One man couldn’t possibly have the skill set required to do the managers / coaches job and oversee all other aspects of the club

Its all really daveception though, because Dave is busy here telling Marcel how to do his job, and Dave knows that marcel is telling Marco how to do his, so in reality Dave is the one telling Marco how to do his job....

Which means Dave is railing against himself, the REAL problem....

Daveception.
Sorry, I dont know why there's a fuss of myself and another poster who believe that - though he's done an apparently decent job so far - Brands needs now to step away from the limelight and allow the manager of this club to stamp HIS identity on the club.

It;s a valid point and that's what a forum should do: question and not merely accept and tug our collective forelocks at Brands because he looks the part. Apparently.

What, to request that we all see the actual manager of Everton in a traditional light: THE most important person at the club?

How is that being silly?

No one is more important than anyone else bro. We can all be F.C. Sexy together :yellow:

Flat structure, peace and love. Synergy

Do you think Franco Baldini is a more important figure than Pochettino? Txiki Begiristain more important than Guardiola? Michael Edwards more important than Klopp?

If they have the same impact on their clubs as Brands has so far, I'd say yes.

Because its really really really basic PR. There WILL be a media narrative about how the club works. So either he can control that, or the worst common denominator from the media will control that.

Thats so basic I ASSUMED everyone understood that......

This all day long. We had, by Everton standards, a whirlwind window, especially at the end. The media, used to Everton doing their deals through them, were mostly kept in the dark, relatively speaking, and want to know what the hell's going on, so they ask Brands for interviews. And he tell them, in no uncertain terms. If he had brushed them off, as PeregrinteT suggests, the media backlash would not be to our benefit.
I mean, what would we rather have -- Brands saying, "Golly gee whiz, you know what, we got really, really lucky this window. Can't believe plucky little Everton pulled these deals off," or "We won't be pushed around by anyone any more. There's a new Everton and you'd all better get used to it." I know which one I prefer.

If they have the same impact on their clubs as Brands has so far, I'd say yes.
He's had no impact. He's done what he's supposed to do in the summer - now we wait and see if it has impact. If the players do well, he;s had impact; if they aren't all that = less than no impact.

The manager is top dog at any club. The industry might change but that is an unalterable truth.

Sorry, I dont know why there's a fuss of myself and another poster who believe that - though he's done an apparently decent job so far - Brands needs now to step away from the limelight and allow the manager of this club to stamp HIS identity on the club.

It;s a valid point and that's what a forum should do: question and not merely accept and tug our collective forelocks at Brands because he looks the part. Apparently.

Have to agree, the manager is the most important person at the club and should be the public face. In essence he is taking all the risks and is the low hanging fruit. If it turns sour by Xmas he will be ultimately held responsible.

It’s important to question there things, let’s be honest there was similar euphoria and similar anointing of Walsh at this time last year. A year on we are all wiser. Ultimately if Brands signings proves poor he will be as demonized as he is people treating him like a Demigod at the moment. Those defending him here will as quickly and vocally turn on him.

I don’t understand why it has to be all or nothing here, you can like what Brands did in the market and still think giving this interview was crass and self serving. No body is perfect.

Given our expierence thus far with the DOF model, it’s healthy to be questioning and suspicious of any DOF.

He's had no impact. He's done what he's supposed to do in the summer - now we wait and see if it has impact. If the players do well, he;s had impact; if they aren't all that = less than no impact.

The manager is top dog at any club. The industry might change but that is an unalterable truth.
You are wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.