2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be serious mate, we want to challenge and while it may take a few years. And maybe Niasse sticks around for another season. I’d say 70% of our squad aren’t good enough and that includes Niasse.

Yeah I agree with that. As it stands currently though Niasse is the least of our worries and one of the only players we have got right now who can actually make a difference.

I will stand by the fact that he is no a "terrible footballer" or whatever people call him, that seems to be a preconceived notion from his dodgy first few weeks with us (funnily enough Sandro who was equally as poor is just put down to not being used right...). He is a unique player who makes things happen and at the end of the day the end result is the most important thing.

Limited player Niasse and has an awful first touch at times, maybe keep him this season (I'd get shut) but moving forward he is not anywhere near the player we need to progress. As has been said I wish Marcel luck in getting rid of some of the rubbish we have accumulated over the years, I don't think it will be as easy as some think due to a combination of high wages and lack of actual football skill.

And some times his first touch is brilliant. (Vs Liverpool when playing for Hull, the West Ham goal for example).

Steklenburg, Martina,
Williams, Bolasie,
Mirallas, schneiderlin,
Pennington, Klassen, Rooney,

Tarashaj, Besic,
Galloway, Grant,
Browning, Sandro and McCarthy,
Jagielka, Raimro Funes Mori

Oh Brands didn't start the fire (sale)
But the revenue stream's burning
With what these wasters are earning
Would we miss any of these players if sold?

Michael Edwards 2 Marcel Brands 0 so far

lets hope Brands can pull off a comeback

Ridiculously negative comment. Hadnit been this time last summer you might have said Walsh was schooling the rest of the league in signings. Edwards is pretty much doing whatever Klopp tells him to. Brands has a far bigger challenge here and has been at work for about 7 days.

Ridiculously negative comment. Hadnit been this time last summer you might have said Walsh was schooling the rest of the league in signings. Edwards is pretty much doing whatever Klopp tells him to. Brands has a far bigger challenge here and has been at work for about 7 days.
take a chill pill bro

im expecting Lozano and willy c to be completed any day soon so we shall be on level terms

So he is inconsistent then ? Not what we need for progression up the league. The elite teams wouldn't touch him.

What have elite teams got to do with it? Elite teams wouldn't touch most of our players. We are not an elite team.

His touch is inconsistent. Know what isn't inconsistent? His scoring goals and changing games.

Of course we all want a squad of world beaters and that takes time, and like the rest of them with one or two possible exceptions, none of them will take us forward, I am just sick of reading people saying he is a "terrible footballer" even when the evidence is right in front of them that he aint actually that bad.

Depends what people class as a good footballer really. I don't really care what their control is like etc, I care about what the end product is on the pitch and Oumar's end product is pretty impressive which makes him a good footballer for me.

Is Marcel or Marco the boss then ? If Marco wants a player that Brands doesn't or vice versa then what happens ? The DoF model is new to us and pretty much the PL as a whole and I am not sure how it all works and I know nothing about continental teams who have been using it for years.

Is Marcel or Marco the boss then ? If Marco wants a player that Brands doesn't or vice versa then what happens ? The DoF model is new to us and pretty much the PL as a whole and I am not sure how it all works and I know nothing about continental teams who have been using it for years.

Then they talk to each other and discuss alternatives.

I think there is a hint of us last summer with him. He's closing deals and you can't knock him for that, and they all look decent signings. However they are spending a small fortune on players currently. 45 million on a lad who can;t get into his international squad, and if you believe Lyon (which I do) close to 70 million Euro for Fakir. You would expect significant quality at the price they are paying. However feels like what we did, buying at the top end of the market. Yes they are getting a higher quality in than us, but the same principle.

Much of the signing last season, whether they were Van Dijk, Chamberlain etc were funded from Coutinho. This summer it will be interesting to see what funds this increase, whether it is Salah's sale or debt. In honesty my hope is it's debt, as the bubble will burst.

Then they talk to each other and discuss alternatives.
This doesn't seem right to me, if I was the manager and I wanted a player that I knew, trusted and had possibly spoken to before and he wanted to come then why would I need to look elsewhere because of the DoF ? Is that the way on the continent ? Honestly have no idea how this works but any help to explain is useful, cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.