2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone knows you need a mixture of ages in the group. You can't have a team made up of 21 year old's. It is the quality and desire that counts and these are at least better than what we have already.

It’s the same kind of drivel we read when we we’re loaning players against the spirit of it and we’d never sign the likes of lukaku or we broke the window we richarlison or how shaqiri was a wrong un when we were linked but then how he’s a perfect addition when the RS ‘swoop’ . They pander to their Audience , I get it but we don’t have to like It .

Another wham spouting gobshite - doesn't want little old Everton shopping at Harrods for players, hates that Carlo is our gaffer and wants us to "know our place" - typical head-pattery nonsense.

Should be on the ignore pile with the Oldham red echo and that tool Joyce.

I’m guessing he was in the “be careful what you wish for blues “ and “they’d be lucky to get a manager of the quality of David moyes , I’m not sure who they think they’ll attract “ camp

Another wham spouting gobshite - doesn't want little old Everton shopping at Harrods for players, hates that Carlo is our gaffer and wants us to "know our place" - typical head-pattery nonsense.

I actually don't disagree to some extent.

But lets not pretend Liverpool sign "youth" players. Tsimikas (24), Minamino (24) aren't young they're in te middle gap. Liverpool prior to Alexander-Arnold and the few coming through now, they didn't bring anyone through for years. What a myth.

I agree with Leicester's model, I like the idea of bringing in unrecognised players, who have it all to prove who are hungry, we saw a little glimpse in Vlasic, and i'd like to explore that market more.

But i'm very excited about the prospect of James, Allan and Doucouré coming in.

Find it difficult to argue with him to be honest. It hasn’t worked so far, clearly, so why get worked up about people saying it?

Holgate 23, DCL 23, Davies 22, Gordon 19, Branthwaith 18, Gbamin 24, Iwobi 24, Kean 20, Richarlison 23, Mina 25, Nkounku 19... All in and around the first team squad.

The vast majority of our players 27 and older, Delph, Walcott, Bernard, Gylfi, Tosun, Besic, Bolasie and Coleman, the vast majority of fans would gladly wave goodbye to.

I'd say a few older, quality, experienced players are exactly what the current squad needs right now.

Lots of talk of the players ages, but let's not forget, those we're bringing in are younger than 3 or 4 of the above players that are playing in our team week in, week out... While also being way, way better (and much higher profile to boot).

Concerned we haven't yet offloaded any of the dregs as of yet.

Bernard
Walcott
Delph
Davies
Kenny

Saleable assets in which the bulk must go this window to keep the project on track.

Status
Not open for further replies.