2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I agree. I don't think Doucoure is terrible, he'll be an improvement on what we have i'm sure. I just don't think he's that much of an improvement based on what i've seen. He's the type of player who I think gives us a functional midfield, which is more than we had last year, but for £25m at his age it seems a bit odd to me. If Allan and Doucoure both sign at the prices being mooted, we'll have signed 5 central midfielders in 12 months, all aged between 25-30, and at a total cost of around £110m. That's concerning for me, it suggests that we may already be replacing the people we paid a load of money for last year, and I can't help thinking that if we're going to push on we'd be doing the same with Doucoure soon enough. I don't know how sustainable it is to keep doing that.
Tom will be too busy punching police horses next season.
I don't reckon he's RS, I'm pretty sure he's a multi of one of our more established posters. He only really pops up around transfer windows to call everybody a crybaby then he disappears for a few months just to come back for some more "crushing", whatever that means? He goads people into getting banned but rarely gets banned himself despite being an obvious spammer. Weird, eh?
Obviously not.
In fairness Naples is a dump. Surrounded by loveliness but the City itself is the pits
Is right. But I'm not sure hes dining at an inner city kebab place.
That was the impression I got when I was there
Wife’s family is from Naples. I reckon he was grateful to get out in one piece.
I know I always am.
here is his context

My personal favourite

Ignore these quotes pls.

There's a very short answer to all that desperate nonsense:

12th in the league

Iwobi

Delph

Kean

Gbamin
When someone cant answer a valid response to their own point they lose the discussion David.

Likewise citing Kean and Gbamin.

You (unlike Marcel) are taking some big hits here...
Dave using our finishing position to lambast Brands, when the main reason for that position was Silva, who wasn't hired by Brands... :coffee: :coffee:
Doesn't feel that way. It feels like everyone on the forum recognises our transfer model has changed this summer to reflect the dominance of Ancelotti. There's a consensus on that, and you and your dwindling numbers in Brands Davidian are facing your own Waco.
This is all about him, and nothing to do with Brands. You don't hire a guy like Carlo then force him to fit into how you were currently doing business. You give him the tools he needs, or at least align your MO with his.
Dave no ever signs for a Football club to play for the DOF it's his job to sell the vision,but that doesn't diminish his job ...I like your arguments sometimes la but they lose credibility when you says these type of things.
As if his arguements ever had that!!
He carries out none of the functions of a DoF: doesn't hire and fire managers; doesn't set up the type of football to be played, doesn't become involved in the academy, and now has nothing to do with identifying top targets and persuading them to come to Everton...that's the job of Moshiri and the manager apparently.
Apart from the fact he's regularly pictured at their games...
I don’t get how the manager gets the praise when we get good signings in, and the DoF gets the crap when we bring crap signings in. You can’t have it both ways.
Either brands gets credit/hate for the signings we make or he doesn’t.
I mean obviously if a player is good the manager signed them, and if their rubbish it was Brands. Duh!! :O :D :p

He carries out none of the functions of a DoF: doesn't hire and fire managers; doesn't set up the type of football to be played, doesn't become involved in the academy, and now has nothing to do with identifying top targets and persuading them to come to Everton...that's the job of Moshiri and the manager apparently.

I've been to about 10 Academy games in the last 2 years, and he was at half of them - I even sat next to him twice (well in front of him, but it counts).

Status
Not open for further replies.