2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Architect.

800px_COLOURBOX26938408.jpg

Clown needs to sign hungry players - lazy signings last summer I honestly dont think he was prepared at all hence the scrambling around last minute for Iwobi and a CB.

Hope Kenwrong stays away from negotiations no coincidence that things went downhill once Billy Bullshine "went hands on" again.

You would have to pay big money for Richarlison because anyone can see he’s by far our best player.
Lukaku/Rooney were clearly top class and our best players and they went for top money.
Stones was a ridiculous vanity buy - he wasn’t even a regular in our team and had never shown an inkling of being a serious ‘defender’.
Likewise Rodwell. A young athlete who never held down a regular place for us yet was bought for big money.

The odd freak like Salah/De Bruyne slip through the net but this buying of castoffs from clubs we are trying to emulate needs to be seen for the flawed logic it clearly holds.
I always wondered why Barcelona sold us those 3 players

He has the chance to fetch us dough for FFP in the summer

Kenny: £10-12 million ALL PROFIT
Bernard: £12-15 million ALL PROFIT
Keane: £20 million - profit
Gylfi? Loan
Schneiderlin- Loan
Davies - £6-8 million ALL PROFIT

Chance there to not only bring in funds to reinvest but to also shrink the FFP losses down and chop the wage bill.

I just wouldn't let him spend the proceeds and would give it to Carlo.

He has the chance to fetch us dough for FFP in the summer

Kenny: £10-12 million ALL PROFIT
Bernard: £12-15 million ALL PROFIT
Keane: £20 million - profit
Gylfi? Loan
Schneiderlin- Loan
Davies - £6-8 million ALL PROFIT

Chance there to not only bring in funds to reinvest but to also shrink the FFP losses down and chop the wage bill.

I just wouldn't let him spend the proceeds and would give it to Carlo.

No one will pay those fees. Keane for 20 million?! The bloke is a carthorse. Brands is struggling to sell because we have complete and utter turd on the books. We either crystallise the financial loss on them or we continue with the loan policy we have been following to minimise this until their contracts run out. The magical world though where a club comes in and it’s good money to take our dross off our hands doesn’t exist.

Can’t blame Brands for Sigurdsson and Davies being statues surely? lol

Fact is we’re getting a lot right.

It’s not his fault that Digne has asked for a transfer, that We’re lacking any sign of motivation, or that our goalKeeper has a clanger every week.

It’s his job to fix it, and he’s got a big, big job on his hands.

Need a Dog like centre midfielder, bit like Gravesen, similar to Barry, who’ll rally the team and chase the lazy passengers, then we can start thinking about flair.

Can’t blame Brands for Sigurdsson and Davies being statues surely? lol

Fact is we’re getting a lot right.

It’s not his fault that Digne has asked for a transfer, that We’re lacking any sign of motivation, or that our goalKeeper has a clanger every week.

It’s his job to fix it, and he’s got a big, big job on his hands.

Need a Dog like centre midfielder, bit like Gravesen, similar to Barry, who’ll rally the team and chase the lazy passengers, then we can start thinking about flair.

Barry? He’s probably the only bloke slower than Siggurdson. I’m amazed we’re not still playing him as well such is our penchant for indulging slow crabs.

Barry? He’s probably the only bloke slower than Siggurdson. I’m amazed we’re not still playing him as well such is our penchant for indulging slow crabs.

Oh Barry ran through treacle, I’m saying we needed someone who’s Organise a midfield and make us flow, which is what he actually did.

He’s not flair, but took no half arsed attitudes like the “efforts” of Sigurdsson, Davies etc

Oh Barry ran through treacle, I’m saying we needed someone who’s Organise a midfield and make us flow, which is what he actually did.

He’s not flair, but took no half arsed attitudes like the “efforts” of Sigurdsson, Davies etc

Think you’re forgetting some of his performances in the two seasons we finished 11th. He was just as lazy as some of this lot it’s a shame McCarthy was made of haribo because at least he could actually put it around at the pace and aggression required to play in this league. Barry Cleverley Davies Siggurdson Schneiderlin Klaasen. It’s embarrassing even listing the names. None were good enough to play at this level.

So he chose Silva and Everton over Ancelloti/Napoli because Brands got his mum a shirt?

Brands negotiated the deal, he talked Juve out of a buy back because he believed in the lad, the lad was keen on the move, it was win win. He wasn't given a fair crack by Silva for whatever reason and it's stunted his season but not his confidence, you can tell from the videos the club puts up that he is loving being here. Not sure what Brands giving his mum a shirt as a lovely gesture has to do with things

The difference yesterday was the midfield + Keane and Sidibe.

They had youth, athleticism and were ball players in the middle...

We were miles behind. Brands needs to go and get Sandro Tonali.

Status
Not open for further replies.