2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he has control over those and he's only partially proven he can do that side of the job (and he's been almost useless selling players). Hopefully that changes and he's sidelined on player transations too.

I honestly dont see a place for Brands if Ancelotti is staying for his full contract. There's no way Ancelotti will do anything other than call the shots over who he specifically wants in...which is a world away from a manager just having a type he tells the DoF he wants and the latter being in command of who the players are we sign.

Carlo is a smart and experienced man who will use Brands to help him in acquiring the players he needs.

You said for months that Usmanov was a myth
I said the belief in continually dialling him up for any cash required for the next player / stadium scheme is a myth.

He's there. He wants a massive payout and he employs his bag man to sit in and steer the ship in that direction: get Everton to secure the stadium deal (saddling the club with massive debt) then, eventually, sell up.

Last edited:
I said the belief in continually dialling him up for any cash required for the next player / stadium scheme is a myth.

He's there. He wants a massive payout and he employs his bag man to sit in and steer the ship in that direction: get Everton to secure the stadium deal and saddle the club with massive debt...then, eventually, sell up.
No Dave ,you said he wasn't involved and never would be .
Don't make me open the vaults ,they are rarely kind lol

You know that isn’t true David.

He wont go down with Brands' mistakes, that's for sure.

Ancelotti is a big mafia movie fan.....

DUaknkPX4AAcnHS.jpg

So his signings from 1st summer window don't count?

And its a correct comparison to make between Walsh and Brands, what with Walsh being his predecessor.

So what about 2nd summer signings?

1. Lossl, just a back up keeper, was never going to be anything more. Obviously it would be a good thing if the back up put more pressure on Pickford, but a better 2nd goalkeeper than Lossl was not going to come to Everton and play back up.

2. Sidibe, a loan so not a signing really, just filling a gap whilst Kenny went off to get some 1st team experience.

3. Delph, probably worst of the summer signings but at £8 million it was worth a go. Hardly a £40 million risk.

4. Iwobi, a bit hot and cold, might come good, might not.

5. Kean, a definite one for the future, yes a high price tag for a 19 year old, but one with a much higher potential ceiling.

Yes, clearly it was not an outstanding summer but certainly not the train wreck that was before

I haven't said anything about the first summer. I didn't have any issues with those deals even though I am not entirely convinced by Mina.

This second summer has left a lot of questions around Brands and the decisions he made.

1. Lossl I don't care about.
  2. Sidibe has been poor. We could have kept Jonjo here.
  3. Delph has been shown up as a waste of wages. Wasn't a long term signing and appears to be a bit of a bell.
  4. Iwobi hasn't been hot for months. He's had about two good games. Tremendous waste of money so far. He'll go down as Brands' Bolasie.
  5. Kean, I have high hopes for but another youngster wasn't what we needed and he hasn't made any impact this season.
  6. Gomes was a known quantity and I'm counting him as part of the year before.
  7. G'Bamin was injured when we signed and on nobody here's radar. Jury still out.
Overall none of those signings have really kicked on the squad so it was a poor window.

It's not the Walsh trainwreck but he could and should have probably done better

I haven't said anything about the first summer. I didn't have any issues with those deals even though I am not entirely convinced by Mina.

This second summer has left a lot of questions around Brands and the decisions he made.

1. Lossl I don't care about.
  2. Sidibe has been poor. We could have kept Jonjo here.
  3. Delph has been shown up as a waste of wages. Wasn't a long term signing and appears to be a bit of a bell.
  4. Iwobi hasn't been hot for months. He's had about two good games. Tremendous waste of money so far. He'll go down as Brands' Bolasie.
  5. Kean, I have high hopes for but another youngster wasn't what we needed and he hasn't made any impact this season.
  6. Gomes was a known quantity and I'm counting him as part of the year before.
  7. G'Bamin was injured when we signed and on nobody here's radar. Jury still out.
Overall none of those signings have really kicked on the squad so it was a poor window.

It's not the Walsh trainwreck but he could and should have probably done better
  • Four transfer windows since taking up his post: one summer a success; the other a massive failure and waste of cash; the two January windows completely wasted
  • Still we bear no fruit from the academy
  • Has had no input on managerial sackings and appointments
The three areas of his job in total and he's failing in each. Still, Sky Sports broadcast a puff piece acclaiming him as "The Architect" and all is well for many.

The feller is the living embodiment of the Peter Principle.

• Four transfer windows since taking up his post: one summer a success; the other a massive failure and waste of cash; the two January windows completely wasted
  • Still we bear no fruit from the academy
  • Has had no input on managerial sackings and appointments
The three areas of his job in total and he's failing in each. Still, Sky Sports broadcast a puff piece acclaiming him as "The Architect" and all is well for many.

The feller is the living embodiment of the Peter Principle.
Think it's harsh to judge him on the academy prospects. Any lads that would have come through since he's been here would have had nowt to do with him.

Can't argue with your other two points.

Status
Not open for further replies.