2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably cos you admitted yourself he was 20 when he played for WBA.
Nope: I admitted he'd turned 20 when he signed here: his birthday was May, he signed for us in August 2013 on loan.

19 years old all the season long loan period at WBA...when he scored 17.

Ha Ha Ha.

Yes, May 1993 to May 2013...he turned 20 after the WBA loan season ended.

FFS mate, you've lost it.

In his first season, in the Premier League at the age of 19 he had scored 0 goals in 15 games, in his first season, in the Premier League at the age of 19, Moise Kean has scored 1 goal in 16 games.

Ergo, Moise Kean is vastly better than Lukaku.

End of.

It is made up. Delph, Lossl and Sidibe are all over 25. You can argue semantics over what 'buy' means all you want, but your point was about longer term strategy and growth. You can't just discount loans and frees in that because they don't fit with what you want the strategy to be. I haven't got time to check now, but according to a post I made last January, Brands signed 5 players aged over 27 in his last 3 years at PSV. I will have checked that at the time, i'm not one for just making stuff up, unlike some...

It's not made up.

Sidibe is on loan and Lossl is on a free. I used the word BUY intentionally.

He did buy a couple of established players in Guardado and Moreno, perhaps that's who you are thinking of. In YEAR 5 of a 4 year rebuild! Hell, I HOPE he gets us to that point. That would be lovely. The reason why he COULD buy those guys was that he sold younger players that he previously bought like Wijnaldum. That's literally he's trying to pursue. Buy Jetro Willems in year one to sell him later for 6 or 7 times what you paid for him. Kevin Strootman, same thing. Jeffrey Bruma. Davy Propper.

Obviously at Everton he can afford to pay more players and keep them if he so desires. So we'll see what happens. He also had a great academy at PSV so that helped. He did NOT have that at AZ and thus had to buy all his young players - Danny Koevermans, Gretar Steinsson, Ragnar Klavan, Mousa Dembele, Demy de Zeeuw, etc. List goes on.

But frees on guys like van Ginkel and Eloy Room aren't part of the overall longer term strategy, nor do they distract from it, so they are terrible examples.

In his first season, in the Premier League at the age of 19 he had scored 0 goals in 15 games, in his first season, in the Premier League at the age of 19, Moise Kean has scored 1 goal in 16 games.

Ergo, Moise Kean is vastly better than Lukaku.

End of.
I accept your surrender.

Lookman was good here and excellent for Leipzig - hence the large profit; Vlasic was bought for £10M and sold for £14M...not a massive profit really, is it, unsurprisingly given he never dd it for us?
He was bought for 7M. Lookman isn't seeing the field for RBL, so maybe Brands was just a genius and found him the perfect loan?

Kean has been poor so far of course, but surely you could see his talent the other night?

He was unplayable.
He should've ALREADY seen his talent. He's been playing in Serie A for two years. Much like Barca, Dortmund, Ajax, Napoli, everyone else on the planet has.

But yes, Davek should be our future Director of Football. He knows SO much about it.

Seriously, this kid was on the shortlist for the Golden Boy award! He was and is a BIG name. So someone though he was a pretty darn good young player.

One game. Naismith was unplayable against Chelsea for one game too.

Come on Dave, you know that's a laughable take on it.

The boy has real talent and has struggled to settle. I've said it before - you're miles off on this one.

He should've ALREADY seen his talent. He's been playing in Serie A for two years. Much like Barca, Dortmund, Ajax, Napoli, everyone else on the planet has.

But yes, Davek should be our future Director of Football. He knows SO much about it.

Seriously, this kid was on the shortlist for the Golden Boy award! He was and is a BIG name. So someone though he was a pretty darn good young player.

There's no doubt he'll end up a top, top player.

It's not made up.

Sidibe is on loan and Lossl is on a free. I used the word BUY intentionally.

He did buy a couple of established players in Guardado and Moreno, perhaps that's who you are thinking of. In YEAR 5 of a 4 year rebuild! Hell, I HOPE he gets us to that point. That would be lovely. The reason why he COULD buy those guys was that he sold younger players that he previously bought like Wijnaldum. That's literally he's trying to pursue. Buy Jetro Willems in year one to sell him later for 6 or 7 times what you paid for him. Kevin Strootman, same thing. Jeffrey Bruma. Davy Propper.

Obviously at Everton he can afford to pay more players and keep them if he so desires. So we'll see what happens. He also had a great academy at PSV so that helped. He did NOT have that at AZ and thus had to buy all his young players - Danny Koevermans, Gretar Steinsson, Ragnar Klavan, Mousa Dembele, Demy de Zeeuw, etc. List goes on.

But frees on guys like van Ginkel and Eloy Room aren't part of the overall longer term strategy, nor do they distract from it, so they are terrible examples.
I was literally just saying you were WRONG because, you know, you were WRONG. Am I doing the CAPITALS thing right or would you prefer I put THEM in the 29th sector of offense or whatever utter garbage you’re on to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.