2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
He cant sell at all.

He only got shut of Gueye for cash because he was selling to the richest club in Europe....and even then he got mugged on the price.

Brands cant buy efficienlty and he cant sell.

He needs to GTF out of Everton.
Ok then let's put you behind the desk in brands office . So you get asked need you to sell Omar and Morgan snides brands answers no one wants them no one one will pay any money for them and no one will match the wages there on now and they want drop down a division there just gonna sit out there contracts.So what would you do in this position mr wonderful at everything it's easy playing football manger on the Internet

He cant sell at all.

He only got shut of Gueye for cash because he was selling to the richest club in Europe....and even then he got mugged on the price.

Brands cant buy efficienlty and he cant sell.

He needs to GTF out of Everton.

you either miss the point spectacularly on a regular basis or you aren’t bright enough to understand it, which is it?

There never seems to be any middle ground between him being an infallible god who cannot be questioned and him being a fraud who's collecting a pay cheque for nowt.

He has an extraordinarily hard job sorting out the garbage we've accumulated and needs time to do so.

At the same time he does make mistakes, Delph, leaving transfers too late (as he admitted himself), leaving us lacking in positions etc etc.

Arguments from both sides seem to completely refuse to aknowledge any opposition to their view when in reality he's a work in progress like the rest of the club that will need a bit more time before a proper decision can be made on success/fraud

I really hope that Brands' role is far more than the transfer business in the first team. I would expect this:
- Establishing a playing style across the teams
- Creating a pathway to the first team - especially we are so good up to U23 and then our players don't often make it to the first team regulars
- Managing the devleopment of young players on loan, and those who are 'around the first team'
- Scouting
- Facilities
- Training staff and coaches to become better and work to higher standards
- Fitness& Injuries
In short, consistency when we chop and change managers, so that the team develops. It looks to me like he had far more authority and influence in his previous role as he's credited with success there, and here he seems to be still under the influence of Moshiri and Kenwright.

Is this reasonable? If so, can we not hear more at AGMs and in his interviews about this work, rather than only his near impossible task of offloading dead weight players who are on big contracts and who would rather stay.
I dont follow this `establishing a style across the teams'?

Unless you are Barca/Man City you have to adapt. Players get injured, move, have indifferent form, different qualities.

If we suddenly stumble on 2 outstanding defensive centre halfs who are poor on the ball then play longer - to your strengths.

If we play Gomes we are trying to get him on the ball, pass and move from the centre. What if he is out? What if his similar replacement is out? What happens if suddenly we have found DCL has turned into a class CF - we should be getting lots of crosses in. But what happens if he is injured and we have a short, goal poacher in - then surely we play a different style.

`A pathway to the first team' - there is no patway for anyone. To be a regular and impact at top 6/4 in Prem you have to be mentally/physically incerdibly strong
and be in the top 0.01 of professional footballers. Its nothing about pathway its about talent.

I am sure we know plenty of kids when we were young who had the potential to be pro's.

90% fell down because they didn't have the mental strength to commit their lives to the game.

Maybe one made it at lower league level. By some miracle maybe one got some games at Prem level. You need the miracle of miracles to get the
supreme talent to make it to top 4/champions league class).

Only Rooney has done it at this club for decades (despite Stones medal collection to me he is nowhere near a top level CB).

I am sure we know plenty of kids when we were young who had the potential to be pro's.

90% fell down because they didn't have the mental strength to commit their lives to the game.

Maybe one made it at lower league level. By some miracle maybe one got some games at Prem level. You need the miracle of miracles to get the
supreme talent to make it to top 4/champions league class).

Only Rooney has done it at this club for decades (despite Stones medal collection to me he is nowhere near a top level CB).

Sadly somehow most of them have ended up here over the last few years!

I really hope that Brands' role is far more than the transfer business in the first team. I would expect this:
- Establishing a playing style across the teams
- Creating a pathway to the first team - especially we are so good up to U23 and then our players don't often make it to the first team regulars
- Managing the devleopment of young players on loan, and those who are 'around the first team'
- Scouting
- Facilities
- Training staff and coaches to become better and work to higher standards
- Fitness& Injuries
In short, consistency when we chop and change managers, so that the team develops. It looks to me like he had far more authority and influence in his previous role as he's credited with success there, and here he seems to be still under the influence of Moshiri and Kenwright.

Is this reasonable? If so, can we not hear more at AGMs and in his interviews about this work, rather than only his near impossible task of offloading dead weight players who are on big contracts and who would rather stay.
So what does he do, he goes and buys Delph and gives him an astronomical contract, how anyone could have any faith in this Muppet is beyond me.

If he doesn’t get it right over the next two windows then he deserves the sack and he can’t have any qualms about it.

Gross negligence not getting a proven striker and CB in during the summer, despite having enough money to spend £43m on Delph and Iwobi.
He had DCL and Ricarlison as strikers
He could not shift Tosun and Naisse because no one wanted them
Thats 4 strikers for 1 position

Gueye had 3 years on his contract, and the offer he says was a good one was, in fact, a piss take.
Holgate was a last minute option when his CB strategy went west.
Kenny was there to be used last season but he went out and paid handsome wages for another RB when that cash could have been saved.
Iwobi he bought for wide right...now he's looking agian for a wide right player because Iwobi is tat.

There are no excuses for Brands and anyone believing the pile of junk he came out with at the AGM were duped....just as they were if they believed the magic tree £30M windfall from "Uncle Uzzi" actually exists.
Gana wanted and ASKED to go
What were we to do
Chain him to Naisse's locker in Finch Farm

Gana wanted and ASKED to go
What were we to do

Chain him to Naisse's locker in Finch Farm
Three years left on his contract.

We held all the cards. Brands sold him anyway, for a knock down price.

No wonder he cant sell worse players than Gueye.

Three years left on his contract.

We held all the cards. Brands sold him anyway, for a knock down price.

No wonder he cant sell worse players than Gueye.
Dave he was 30 yrs old when we sold him for 4 times what we paid for him plus he wanted to go
Players hold all the cards now
look at Pogba
Look at Robertos superstar Naisse
If they want to go they go
If they want to stay they stay

Status
Not open for further replies.