2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need to buy but at the same time need to offload players or the squad will be too big...

RB: Coleman, Cuco
CB: Keane
CM: Delph, Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin
RM: Walcott
CF: Niasse

I think we could do with selling every one of these players.

RB: 2 out and 1 in on loan
CB: 1 out and 1 signing
CM: 3 out and 1 signing
RM/CF: 2 out and 1 signing

Any of those would be ideal...but i do think weve got to be moving players on pronto.

Such a shame we couldnt get the 3pts last night. Not only to look good for new signings but also to leave us with only 8pts needed to hit 40 and then we could have a bit of a firesale.
Your in dream land if you think all that will happen, it’s just not realistic. Niasse and Cuco will be gone the summer.I hope some one takes atleast snides off out hands Sigs would be a bonus to. The rest I fully expect to stay next season.

oh the irony.

read it again dumbass, he can’t sell if there are no buyers, try to squeeze that fact into your ridiculous way of thinking.
He cant sell at all.

He only got shut of Gueye for cash because he was selling to the richest club in Europe....and even then he got mugged on the price.

Brands cant buy efficienlty and he cant sell.

He needs to GTF out of Everton.

If Gomes played 10 straight decent games (especially away from home) maybe a top 6 club would pay over 30mill, if Bernard played a few decent games away from home we may get a fee from him. If Iwobi became a different player we would get our 30 odd mill back.

If, If, if.

He has bought mediocre non top 6 class players with weak bodies and mind.

Richarlison has been the only success and only player any top 6 club would be interested in and he wwas quite clearly Silva's signing.

Your in dream land if you think all that will happen, it’s just not realistic. Niasse and Cuco will be gone the summer.I hope some one takes atleast snides off out hands Sigs would be a bonus to. The rest I fully expect to stay next season.

So you think these will go:
Niasse / Cuco / Sigurdsson / Schneiderlin

And these im 'dreaming' if i think they will go:
Coleman / Keane / Delph / Walcott

Interesting...

I cant see any at the club next season.

Interesting...

Niasse and cuco, will go. I’m just hoping Sigs and Snides go as they slow our game down so much. Coleman Delph and Walcott I think will still be here, Keane its 50/50 from me.

Agreed but like I said the squad is ok, it’s just these important bits that need addressing, Gbamin may fix one of those problems, but a decent CB is a must sooner rather than later.
Niasse and cuco, will go. I’m just hoping Sigs and Snides go as they slow our game down so much. Coleman Delph and Walcott I think will still be here, Keane its 50/50 from me.

In the squad today, we need:
1 RB
1 CB
2 CM
1 RW

For the 'outs';

Coleman cant bw here next season. Hes finished.

Delph we need to urgently sell.

Walcott will have 12 months left in summer and so needs to be sold.

Keane is a total donkey and has to go.

Theres so many players who need selling.

Interesting...

Who will pay big wages on Gylfy/Scneid/Coleman/Keane/Delph/Walcott?

Other middle ranking prem teams know they wont help them progress. Surely no bottom end Prem teams are going to pay a fee and/or big signing on fee + #3.5mill a year wages for any of them?

I really hope that Brands' role is far more than the transfer business in the first team. I would expect this:
- Establishing a playing style across the teams
- Creating a pathway to the first team - especially we are so good up to U23 and then our players don't often make it to the first team regulars
- Managing the devleopment of young players on loan, and those who are 'around the first team'
- Scouting
- Facilities
- Training staff and coaches to become better and work to higher standards
- Fitness& Injuries
In short, consistency when we chop and change managers, so that the team develops. It looks to me like he had far more authority and influence in his previous role as he's credited with success there, and here he seems to be still under the influence of Moshiri and Kenwright.

Is this reasonable? If so, can we not hear more at AGMs and in his interviews about this work, rather than only his near impossible task of offloading dead weight players who are on big contracts and who would rather stay.

If he manages to sell Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin in the summer and we get actual cash for the pair of them I’d advocate giving him a permanent honorary role at the club, would even protest to have one of the stands in the new stadium to be named after him. If he gets cash for Davies too then I’ll just let him have his way with me as a bonus.

If he manages to sell Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin in the summer and we get actual cash for the pair of them I’d advocate giving him a permanent honorary role at the club, would even protest to have one of the stands in the new stadium to be named after him. If he gets cash for Davies too then I’ll just let him have his way with me as a bonus.

He will bail out Morgan but not the bigger fraud

He will bail out Morgan but not the bigger

Status
Not open for further replies.