2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
The DOF sets the style / formation and philosophy of the football club.

We were pretty much 4-2-3-1 then Usmanov comes in and slaps his big knackers on the table and appoints Ancelotti who then goes with 4-4-2 in which Brands meekly accepts this no questions asked.

The whole thing is strange atm - I do think if we dont bring in top quality over these next 2-3 windows his position will be under threat

We were pretty much 4-2-3-1 then Usmanov comes in and slaps his big knackers on the table and appoints Ancelotti who then goes with 4-4-2 in which Brands meekly accepts this no questions asked.

The whole thing is strange atm - I do think if we dont bring in top quality over these next 2-3 windows his position will be under threat
True our squad is set up for a 4231 but we have done better in a 442(10 points from 15) so why change at the moment? Unless we are looking to unlock a door in a game or need to fit a specific player like Iwobi into a three man midfield?

True our squad is set up for a 4231 but we have done better in a 442(10 points from 15) so why change at the moment? Unless we are looking to unlock a door in a game or need to fit a specific player like Iwobi into a three man midfield?

The problem is alot of our players were signed for the 4-2-3-1 system.

Which for me means we need to do alot of business in the summer in 4-5 areas - but can we afford it with FFP?

Duncan changed to 442, the manager picks the team and formation, why would we pay Ancelotti 11m a year and then start asking him to play a formation that every team in world football is moving away from.

The problem is alot of our players were signed for the 4-2-3-1 system.

Which for me means we need to do alot of business in the summer in 4-5 areas - but can we afford it with FFP?
I take your point but I don't think it would take many or much to shift the squad a bit to play this way. Regardless I think there will be three or four ins this summer and quite a few outs.

Thanks for bringing in a load of utter trash with zero composure or heart.

This feller needs to be nowhere near recruitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.