2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jags was a great player. Holgate looks to be coming into his own. But there’s about a two year gap between good Jags and good Holgate. I’d like to have seen Zouma stay, but I don’t think that was this club’s choice. RFM... well I liked him but he had mistakes in him and couldn’t impress any of his managers... don’t ever remember him having a 6 month stretch of good games.

Dave did nothing but slate Jags when he was here, dont fall for his lies.

I said rubbish or injured. There's 12 he's put money on and actually purchased. Take Richarlison out because that was quite obvioulsy a Silva signing given he signed him for Watford the previous season, the GK hasn't played, that's 10.

So....

Virgina
Mina
Delph
Gbamin
Kean
Iwobi

6 from 10 = 60%. An exaggeration on 75%, but he'll have it up there if he's allowed to waste anymore cash.
The only absolute dud is Delph

Jury is out on Virginia(youth), Kean(youth), Iwobi and Gbamin(injury). I'd say Iwobi has the most to prove, Kean was a gamble at his age and moving to a new league but needs more time but agree we need to be seeing more now.

Sidibe was a decent loan signing with a decent option.

He should have got that fourth centre back too. But weighing it up with his good signings, I'd give Brands a 6/7 out of 10 so far he needs to pull out a few unknown gems (and find some genuine quality in midfield and forward areas to push us forward) though as that's what I thought he was brought in for as well as restructuring the squad and youth system.

That is the nature of long term projects though. You have to show faith.It might be unplaced faith but the alternative is short termism.
Brands will be given time. I think he will be around until the new stadium.
But I think it is valid up until now to be concerned as his start has been hardly inspiring.

The only absolute dud is Delph Jury is out on Virginia(youth), Kean(youth), Iwobi and Gbamin(injury). I'd say Iwobi has the most to prove, Kean was a gamble at his age and moving to a new league but needs more time but agree we need to be seeing more now.
Sidibe was a decent loan signing with a decent option
He should have got that fourth centre back too. But weighing it up with his good signings, I'd give Brands a 6/7 out of 10 so far he needs to pull out a few unknown gems (and find some genuine quality in midfield and forward areas to push us forward) though as that's what I thought he was brought in for as well as restructuring the squad and youth system.
7/10 for his first summer; 0/10 for his first January; 3/10 for his second summer...and on the basis of that last summer window he had, I'd hand Ancelotti sole control over transfers from now on.

7/10 for his first summer; 0/10 for his first January; 3/10 for his second summer...and on the basis of that last summer window he had, I'd hand Ancelotti sole control over transfers from now on.
Spot on. CA needs total control over the entire footballing side of EFC.

Maybe they can find a position for MB somewhere else.

I give him 8/10 for last summer. 5/6/10 for this last one. As for giving Carlo control he doesn't do this does he?

Status
Not open for further replies.