Match Thread Manchester United v Everton - Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Given the proximity of Finch Farm to the airport, it's a miracle our forwards haven't taken out an easyJet or two with their shooting.

Predictions:
  • United to have a 5/10 game (I.e. they'd lose this fixture most times if they play like this)
  • CB Lindelof to play LB and look like Maldini against Harrison.
  • Mainoo to look twice the player of Onana.
  • Everton to have more attempts on goal.
  • Everton to receive first booking.
  • Manchester United to be awarded a penalty.
  • 0-0 at half time.
  • Manchester United to win by at least two goals.
I think at least 5 of those 8 points come true today.
7 of the 8 like.

Can everyone saying our players are too crap to play a possession based style stop that now given the last 10 minutes, we play long ball on the managers instruction.

This side is perfectly capable of playing that way.... Di Zerbi would have this team in the top half.
Absolute nonsense, our quality of passing is poor, no cutting edge at all, which is why for all the possession we’ve done nothing

Absolute nonsense, our quality of passing is poor, no cutting edge at all, which is why for all the possession we’ve done nothing
Yeah cuz every team knows how to set up against us - gives us the ball and watch 3 players stand around doing eff all as we don't move up as a team with the ball, hoof to a striker with no support, repeat.

The reality is that slowly but surely we're going down. This all started years ago. Maybe it's for the better. This club needs a complete reset and I dont see that happening if we somehow, yet again, manage to stay up.