Match Thread Manchester United v Everton - Preview, Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, beaten by an og, VAR and a penalty. Not the utter destruction/capitulation expected by many.
Expected loss? Of course.
Expected sacking tonight? Jury is out.
Meanwhile.... back to the league/relegation battle.
Onwards and... eh...onwards

Played better tonight, better formation. Definitely suits Onana more, thought Gray was excellent, Maupay better, Coleman done ok as well, DCL unlucky to have that goal chalked off.

Utd are streets ahead of us so at least we stuck at it and didn't cave in. There's some glaringly obvious issues though

Mykolenko was abysmal again
Our wingback positions need sorting
Gueye was painfully slow
Iwobi (before his injury) was dreadful and isn't the answer
Godfrey with the ball at his feet is absolutely atrocious and not the answer. I'd be looking to get Branthwaite back and learning from seasoned professionals like Tarkowski and Coady

No creativity
No goals again for any of the forward players

We need players and sharpish.

I wouldn't sack Lampard if he kept that shape, it has potential as it definitely helps Onana

But he'll probably be sacked

A solid, battling performance, with some good passages of play, but we still have no composure in the final third. It gets too frantic as soon as we get near the opposition goal. They just need to calm down a bit and stop panicking.

Deffo. But i think thats what seperates a lot of teams. The composure to make right choices.

We didn't play badly, and the support was excellent tonight so credit to our travelling fans. My biggest issue with us is why we always have to pass it between 5 players backwards to change areas of the pitch. It's all we do and it infuriates me every match. The few times we did get creative tonight we actually carved them open

Status
Not open for further replies.