Match Thread Manchester United v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Passing was absolutely atrocious today. Short, long, forward, sideways, every player gave up possession far too easily. Lack of moving towards the ball didn't help either.

Hopefully that is everyone got their bad game out their system and the next couple of games can see us playing with a bit more cohesion and purpose

Thought we played descent football, but Manshite were the better ones. We are where we are , so no hope for points today. We are improving, but so are the clubs around us. This will be toe to toe until May

He's not doing anything with the ball right now. This is all theoretical.
Theoretical ?
Do you really understand anything about the game, or is it all just games consoles teaching for you..

I swear you only appear when we've just had a 'mare' on the field.

It only needs brief glimpses of a player to know he's got something about him, you'll realise it with every talent out there ( and I don't mean youtube highlights )

Garner has all the attributes to be a top player, from composure, to knowing the field around him without needing numerous touches and glances. He knows his nxt pass before the ball reaches him. He looks up, he looks forward and plays on the front foot.
The lad wants the ball.

I would say your gonna have fun chewing your own words, but you'll never admit to being wrong.
You'll be sat in your closet praying for an injury....

Outclassed. Had the feeling of a pre-season friendly, where the manager is trying a formation out to see if works. It doesn't. I suppose you could charitably say that Dyche was hoping to catch them out by playing a slightly different way, but seemed pretty foolhardy given their pace up front and our lack of pace in defence. Bit of a reality check and a lot of pressure on the game against Fulham

Outclassed. Had the feeling of a pre-season friendly, where the manager is trying a formation out to see if works. It doesn't. I suppose you could charitably say that Dyche was hoping to catch them out by playing a slightly different way, but seemed pretty foolhardy given their pace up front and our lack of pace in defence. Bit of a reality check and a lot of pressure on the game against Fulham
Atleast it was today tho, if your gonna make an error with selection/tactics then make it against a team you weren't really expecting much out of.

It's all about picking there heads up now!!!

Theoretical ?
Do you really understand anything about the game, or is it all just games consoles teaching for you..

It only needs brief glimpses of a player to know he's got something about him, you'll realise it with every talent out there ( and I don't mean youtube highlights )

Garner has all the attributes to be a top player, from composure, to knowing the field around him without needing numerous touches and glances. He knows his nxt pass before the ball reaches him. He looks up, he looks forward and plays on the front foot.
The lad wants the ball.

I would say your gonna have fun chewing your own words, but you'll never admit to being wrong.
Ha made really crappy day just a little bit better . Thank you

Theoretical ?

The lad wants the ball.

There were glimpses of Godfrey's talent two years ago. Whatever.

I genuinely don't see any of that. I think that's the player people want him to be, not the one he is.

Tall ask to beat Mancs at home this season. Worked on that pass to tear Keane and Tarkoski new A hole for pace as Godfrey pushed the press. Luckly we have England's number one between the pegs kept some hope. Simms fluffed his lines... Coleman legs or lack of made a show today for their second, always the danger. Pickford man of the match for keeping it respectfull.

I'm not that disheartened by today's loss, I still think we have more than enough to be safe.

We didn't play badly, we didn't give up and I don't think we were outplayed. We tried to be positive in the first half, it left us too open which was recognised and we were much tighter second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.