Match Thread Manchester City v Everton - Team Prediction, Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Indeed. Over recent seasons, when we have been struggling, we have picked up vital draws and victories from games we didn’t have a chance in prior to the game. I’m sure the Everton squad won’t be travelling to City expecting to get beat
They are just relentlessly patient, but our goals against number is really good. Can’t see us having 2 players buzzing around their defenders like Brentford, but we will annoy them I think. I’m hoping to hear Foden or Pep saying only one team wanted to play football. Is right chaps.

Get the feeling it will be too early on Dyche’s risk vs reward-ometer that hes started waffling about recently. So won’t be risking Doucs/Onana, which is a shame. They’ve been a bit clumsy with ball near their own box tonight. Be tempted to just send Beto out to run around and be a nuisance.

Rest as many key players as possible. No sense risking anything trying for a nearly impossible result, the bonus will be the superheating of kopite piss.
Go somewhere in the middle.

Full strength and try for a point.

As soon as we are 0-2 down bring on three or four subs and rest our key players, assuming they don't score them in the last five mins.

Watching them against Brentford - who are quite a physical opponent normally. I don't think Brentford have put in 5 tackles in the whole game. Rodri strolling round like he's practising. Embarrassing effort from Brentford really.

Watching them against Brentford - who are quite a physical opponent normally. I don't think Brentford have put in 5 tackles in the whole game. Rodri strolling round like he's practising. Embarrassing effort from Brentford really.
Brentford tried to play football.

You can't "outfootball" City unless you have serious talent. After the goal City, well, they are just relentless.

Go for it. Everton have extra rest before the next fixture. City have a Champions League quarter final 3 days later. Kicking and fighting and getting a point will be icing on the cake. Put on Dobbin, Hunt, Patto, Chermiti if we go down 3-0.