Match Thread Manchester City v Everton - Team Prediction, Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You're right. Most of those local fans from the 90s have been priced out and replaced by tourists. Sad to say that City have become like united with all the tourists.

City fan in peace.

That’s not true at all. The majority of our match attending fans are long standing. Im a season ticket holder in the east stand surrounded by people who have been there since we moved from Maine road. We also have one of the oldest fan bases in the league.

Of course we have tourists, but no where near as many as United or Liverpool.

By the way I have a lot of respect for Everton. I think we actually have very similar core fanbases. I also despise the red side of liverpool. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Harrison is a worry.
Good to see Dyche, albeit too late (as usual) move Garner forward and bring Onana on.
But can't see why he left Harrison on.
Can see why he might lack faith in Dobbin defensively, especially coupled with Seamus on right, but Mc Neil could switch sides,
Dobbin on the left ahead of Myko and Branthwaite and Gana has gotta be a risk worth taking once going behind.

Dyche talked post match about transition into attack and keeping ball
Well when you get the ball Harrison ain't one the guys Id want to pass to, to keep the ball and attack.
It's so frustrating, hopefully he can find form, if Dyche is going to remain so stubborn.Jack was out

1000029825.jpg

Absolutely no chance a ref gives that against City

They don't give obvious penalties against them so not getting a really soft one

I kind of don't expect it to be given, id not want it given against us, but not even checked? I saw it in real time and thought it came off his hand, but only seen the replay on MOTD.

We have a fundamental problem in these types of games because we don't have enough pace in the team to counter attack properly.

I dont feel like we have moved with the times and recruited modern forwards who are extremely fast on transition and make runs in behind.

I suppose you also need someone who can make the pass as well. But we are certainly not a team who can break away at pace.

Not for me, as they are so manufactured. Without the oil money they would be in the lower leagues and making the occasional Premier push, which is where they belong.

People should hate them as they are the epitome of everything wrong with modern football.

‘Where they belong’ - for the vast majority of our existence we have been a top flight club. We’ve had spells in the lower divisions, but so have most clubs including United.

I do agree that a lot of things with modern football are terrible. In particular the ridiculous ticket pricing and modern stadiums. Most clubs need super rich owners just to be able to compete as well.

Good luck for the rest of the season. I’ve said above I have a lot of respect for Everton and hope you can stay up.

What really pissed me off today was before the 2nd goal
We had a great position down the right with 3 players(Coleman Gueye Garner or Harrison?) yet faffed about. No one had a clue what move to do. No plan No idea No understanding.
3 year olds in the playground would have more understanding
What do we do in training?
Totally clueless
All other teams would have had some idea
Are we badly trained or just have clueless players?

You do have point there, we have! We've become like what we despised at united, a money making machine. Local Mancs used to be appreciated, not anymore. Rich tourists( customers )are more important than us legacy supporters, unfortunately. Every year except one ST and match tickets have increased. I binned my ST off 2 years ago because i couldn't afford it. I still go when i can though.
yeah man,
It's a weird one. Seems like the only way to build up a lasting dynasty (or even gain moderate success) in football now is to monetize absolutely everything with zero regard for what makes it all possible.
No doubt there have been unbelievable highs for you but still, it all seemed so sterile and over produced today,
Still hope you beat the RS to the title!

This is their bench today

View attachment 245503

That’s the flippin’ bench, and if you filled it out with a few Championship players to make up an eleven, it would finish top four.

So if the games still tight at the hour mark they can just bring in KDB or Grealish for that little something extra.

Ridiculous
If we only had 2 of those over 30s players, Walker and KdB we'd shoot up that table

What really pissed me off today was before the 2nd goal
We had a great position down the right with 3 players(Coleman Gueye Garner or Harrison?) yet faffed about. No one had a clue what move to do. No plan No idea No understanding.
3 year olds in the playground would have more understanding
What do we do in training?
Totally clueless
All other teams would have had some idea
Are we badly trained or just have clueless players?
this bunch are well able to follow tactics and pass a ball, it just doesnt happen a lot.
Dyche, Woan, and Stone are great for moral and fighting spirit and know how to set up a team thats hard to beat
Unfortunately it seems like if you get great tactical coach, you lose the fight.
A combo of the two is a real rarity. Ancelotti was one.