Match Thread Manchester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He started him as he played in the last 2 games we won and he played ok in them so why wouldn’t he start him?he was right to take him off and he has to play better but ridiculous to question why he started with him after winning the last 2 games with him from the start.man city are one of the best teams in the country currently and we are not it’s not going to change over night it doesn’t work like that.the positives are there under ancelotti let’s give it time before you all begin the ancelotti bashing
He played ok and that's good enough?

He played ok and that's good enough?
Well it’s better than him playing crap!ive already said he’s not been good enough I just thought he did better in the previous 2 games which we won which is why I asked why wouldn’t he of started him against city.i know what I’m talking about mate I go the games i don’t sit at home watching them on tv

Got a chasing by one of the best teams in world football. No biggie, lost by the odd goal, didn't play well but we stuck it out.
Exactly this. And they were coming off a loss. End of the day the scoreline flattered us, and we grinded and showed heart. We didn't roll over.

What a difference a month makes. There's a lot to like about our team and the future at the moment - for the first time in a while. Let's just enjoy the ride, shall we?

You have very high standards...almost impossible to please you...I hope you don't take your impossible standards in football into real life.
I do try Steve. I am certainly not perfect, but I pulled myself up from the bootstraps, worked a full time job during the day, studied part time, and now have an Honours degree in Finance. I try to live by if you do something, do it to the best of your ability, not half baked and average (and being paid a king's ransom) like Mr Sigurdson does.

Well it’s better than him playing crap!ive already said he’s not been good enough I just thought he did better in the previous 2 games which we won which is why I asked why wouldn’t he of started him against city.i know what I’m talking about mate I go the games i don’t sit at home watching them on tv
Bit difficult to do when I'm halfway across the world. My point was that Sigurdson was ok to start those previous two games, but against Man City there was a high probability that we would get overrun by City. We should have attacked them like we did in the second half with the attacking formation.

Yes, we would have conceded but we were more defensive from the start of the game, with Sigurdson in midfield, and still conceded, Attacking them was the best way to counter their style (my opinion). Same with Liverpool on Sunday. We sit back and defend and we will get hammered.

Yes, I fast forward through the Gemma and Chesney scenes, Gary Windass was a weak wimp when he was bullied by a loan shark and that whole
scenario is so far fetched. I think I'm still watching until he gets found out. I don't mind Daniel though.
I anticipate Daniel is soon to embark on romantic liaison with Bethany.

Status
Not open for further replies.