Match Thread Man Utd v Everton. Saturday Oct 2nd.12.30 pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was worried Martial would suddenly hit form, Sancho would 'arrive', Donny VB would turn up a master class, and Ronaldo would score a hattrick, and overall Man U would choose this match to show that they're a top team. Thank goodness for Solskaer - I'm glad that finally we were able to take advantage of a team that's short on confidence and ideas and take our own chances - we really could have won, and not having Coleman, DCL, Richy (and Iwobi, Gomes on the bench) is quite an injury list for a small squad. They are our leaders, and we're lucky Townsend, Mina & Allan especially are bringing the team together. I'm really impressed with the team bond, and the BTS training photos and videos do paint a picture of a much more united & happier squad. A draw is a great result, considering what would have happened under almost all previous managers in this situation.

I'm so glad we almost won it, and the only things preventing us winning were mostly understandable:

- Godfrey not fully fit and out of position - is Kenny really that bad that he can't play as a reserve even?? Sometimes I think a weaker player in his strongest position is better.
- Davies low on confidence
- Demarai Gray can't score & assist every match but played well apparently
- Gordon will also get better! Looked good tail end of 2018-19

In addition, Mina can score 5 per season if he plays well, Digne is not yet on top form...so I think we're really doing well! I promised myself not to be hopeful and optimistic and here I am again!!

First time I've thought that Gordon looked like he has any chance of actually making it with us.
In the Norwich game when Gordon put both hands on the players shoulders and pulled him down as he was about to break away I thought eh that lads got the spirit and I thought he looked sound today the team seemed more balanced with him on the left digne game improved, I think the result may have been different if Iwobi played today
I see Gordon as a key squad player.

3F46CA84-770F-4A11-9A64-7F5A8544A0CD.jpeg

that’s an absolutely insane leap on Gordon there

LIked this article - especially the opening.

FInally after all this wasted money and misplaced decisions on managers and transfers we've arrived at the model we should have had all along - putting coaching, tactics, team spirit and determination first! It's not just that low cost hungry players are the answer, we could have still spent a lot of money on expensive players, but more importantly on those who were also the right fit for some sort of strategy. Damn you blues making me hope again.

Last edited:
Rondon getting all sorts of pelters which, in my opinion, is a bit harsh. He wasn’t the most mobile but occupied their centre halves which allowed us to be a bit more effective from the wings and driving from midfield. He’s not the man we wanted, he’s not fit and maybe even not good enough but he’s a team player who put a shift in and was part of a very effective team performance.

Rondon getting all sorts of pelters which, in my opinion, is a bit harsh. He wasn’t the most mobile but occupied their centre halves which allowed us to be a bit more effective from the wings and driving from midfield. He’s not the man we wanted, he’s not fit and maybe even not good enough but he’s a team player who put a shift in and was part of a very effective team performance.
Thought he grow into the game . Same with Digne and Gordan who both started very rash.

I agree he apparently is injured but plays through it unlike some which kind of typifies ( hopefully ) our current team spirit. Though I certainly would have pulled him earlier and put Dobbin on he looks so eager to prove himself. I myself like the pep philosophy of mobile front players all capable of scoring but obviously Rafael likes a target man to win long ball headers and hold the ball. I don’t rate Rondon on what I’ve seen so far but can see ragas logic to a degree

Status
Not open for further replies.