Match Thread Man Utd v Everton. Saturday Oct 2nd.12.30 pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rondon should've been subbed and Davies should've striked
but more the point, there seems to be something building in this team that hasn't been there for a long time - a team ethic

Maybe its too early to say but you can see it in the likes of Digne, Doucs, MIna and Alan emerging out of shadows, confident now in sticking it to the likes of minted united.
Belief has been one key factor missing from us for a long time. Hopefully having been buttered up by Carlo and now drilled by Benitez the lads can finally remember why we paid hundreds of millions for their talents.

Just seen some footage from when they scored. Don't recognise the red giving a good impression of Gary Neville by running to our fans and giving it big licks fists clenched kissing the badge and so on.
Anyway I'm sure he's reflected on acting like a tit.

I missed the end of the game, I just saw the highlights, what in the world was Davies thinking when he squared the ball rather than have a go himself..

Yes but there was absolutely no need for Mina to stray offside. If he had not done so Davies would be praised for an unselfish pass leading to the winning goal. Fine margins
Ball just fell to the wrong players both defensive but I think Mina brings so much to the team and did u see Tom Davies actually scrapping with pogba
A great all round performance today from the lads ?

It’s strange but, when Everton went behind, the team never looked like they didn’t believe that they could get back into the game. It’s great to see - particularly when it comes true, which reinforces the belief again. Great way to head into the international break.
This!

The team of mid 80's had that mentality in buckets, as a fan too, you never thought we couldn't come back, it was a joyful time. If we can get even a part of that spirit back, it will be a real pleasure.
We are some way off yet but the early signs are positive, we will really see how far we have come at the end of the season , I'll keep my optimism in check until then.

UTFT

You only realise how valuable Harry Maguire is to United's defence when he's out injured. Without their stalwart defender their defence is s mess.

You could tell in midweek against Villarreal he was out injured and you could tell today too.

Without Maguire United are extremely vulnerable.

Status
Not open for further replies.