Match Thread Man City v Everton - Sunday 21st November 2pm. Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone relieved it was only 3-0? That's how bad things have got. I'll take a non event 3-0 over a 7-0 total humiliation right now.

I think that was the mindset of the players today actually. I knew really early on, as soon as I saw 3 of our players surround a man city player and still not win the ball. Never even looked like winning the ball - just surrounded and then watched.

That was gutless from both players and manager.
Im just sick to the back teeth of our whole set up atm, the majority of the players on show dont epitomise what our club 'should' be.

I'd happily get rid of:
Iwobi - anything north of £5m
Rondon - free
Digne - anythin above £20m id drive him
Keane - £10m
Holgate, Kenny - £10m for two
Allan - £8m
Mina - £15m
Begovic and Lonergan - free
Coleman - free
Davies - £8m
Gbamin - free

And lose the wasters whos contracts are up in summer.

Be left with Pickford, Doucs, Gray, Townsend, Gordon, Richy (though he'll want away) and Dom.

Bring Simms and Onyango into the squad permanently and use them.

Then build a squad of young hungry players brought up from lower levels, that arent bottle jobs.

Wouldnt really bother me if we were consistently bottom half until we sorted it out.
Ridiculous! Show me the idiot who gives you money for Iwobi, Keane, Holgate, Davies or Gbamin! Believe me, Everton will have to pay if they want to get rid of them before there contract is over.

That was gutless from both players and manager.
Im just sick to the back teeth of our whole set up atm, the majority of the players on show dont epitomise what our club 'should' be.

I'd happily get rid of:
Iwobi - anything north of £5m
Rondon - free
Digne - anythin above £20m id drive him
Keane - £10m
Holgate, Kenny - £10m for two
Allan - £8m
Mina - £15m
Begovic and Lonergan - free
Coleman - free
Davies - £8m
Gbamin - free

And lose the wasters whos contracts are up in summer.

Be left with Pickford, Doucs, Gray, Townsend, Gordon, Richy (though he'll want away) and Dom.

Bring Simms and Onyango into the squad permanently and use them.

Then build a squad of young hungry players brought up from lower levels, that arent bottle jobs.

Wouldnt really bother me if we were consistently bottom half until we sorted it out.
Wouldn't really bother you and you post that ? Get a life

You mean just like Allardyce would do ?
Quite probably. I'm completely worn down by everything surrounding the club at the moment. If this isn't a nosedive then what is it. Its not even a question of looking at the strength of the opponents coming up through December and predicting a nil return, were cack and only a remarkable turnround when DCL returns with a decent couple of players in January will stop us getting bogged down.

You honestly saving we tried to even get anything out of that game then? Maybe just being more adventurous when having the ball, maybe not just sitting back waiting for them to eventually score which was always going to happen. We had 20 odd % possession. Laughable. If you're happy with that then fair enough but it was a pathetic performance.

With a full strength squad, youd have a point. With 7-8 players missing against a side who average 60-70% against 90% of the league, you have to stay in the game and hope to pinch something.

End of the day, we've never had the "give it a go" mentality against the top sides for the past 30 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.