Match Thread Man City v Everton - Sunday 21st November 2pm. Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m no fan of Benitez but honestly we looked good before the injuries this season imo

We’ve got a good first team but a terrible squad and playing today without Doucoure especially but also Mina and DCL and then Gray getting injured who was clearly our main tactical outball was always a tough ask
It all comes down to how many we can bring in ASAP, 3 or 4 a must. We have so many woeful players beyond out best 11.

The problem is the midfield - has been for years and no Doucoure leaves us with nothing.

You cant expect to create anything or shield the back 4 with a pairing of Allan & Delph but thats all he has.

No Doucoure
No Gomes
No Davies

Easy to slate the manager but the squad is an absolute joke and so is the medical team.
That's not quite true though, is it? We went a chuck of last season without Doucoure and / or Allan.

But I can't disagree our options are shocking. However, I still think our defense has looked far weaker in general this season even when everyone was fit

And that is on Benitez. You've got to accept sone criticism of him - earlier on this season you were blaming Godfrey having covid etc.

Given the injuries and relative quality of the players, did anyone really expect us to win today? If we tried to attack them, we would be torn apart. It’s not pretty but we are trying our best to limit the damage. Sure it’s frustrating but Pep himself wouldn’t get much of a performance from this team. In fact there is no player on this team that Guardiola would want in a team.
We say this every season.... Palace and Southampton beat them...

Where is the path for young players? Just give them a chance. We are terrible. Rondo shows nothing. Try Simms or Onyango.

Status
Not open for further replies.