Man City Banned From Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFP is an inheritently flawed rule invented by the disgraced archdeacon of corruption Michel Platini. A rule which enabled the elite cartel, including his favourites PSG, to be protected while any newcomers were barred.

Platini's opposition to all forms of goalmouth technology or his backing of Qatar, even his accepting of Sepp Blatter's largesse could all be possibly considered as low points of his tenure at the head of UEFA, but perhaps the lowest of all was the introduction of a rule whereby the Glazer's can take millions from United with impunity while Sheik Mansoor is royally punished for giving millions to City.

Any ban is highly likely to be either suspended or put aside indefinitely when it goes to CAS, with a decision throwing it out or overturning it also not out of the question.

City have been expecting this ban from UEFA for months, believing the whole process, where UEFA are both judge and jury - their decision telegraphed before even the most basic procedures started, so blatantly flawed that their 168 word reply was preprepared, instantly released and dripping with fury.

The questions on Pep's future will get greater but the odds on any ban sticking have to be very doubtful.

If City were to get to the final the UEFA hierarchy may have to wear ear plugs to block out the ferocious drowning out of any attempt to play their CL anthem.

Because it effects us long term regarding FFP .

Not really sure how.

Our investment is via an Usmanov based company, we’re owned by Moshiri.

City didn’t do that, they did what Sheffield Wednesday have done, and bent the rules.

Despite what Everton have declared, we’ve not bent a rule yet, and I don’t think we will.

Not really sure how.

City didn’t do that, they did what Sheffield Wednesday have done, and bent the rules.

Despite what Everton have declared, we’ve not bent a rule yet, and I don’t think we will.
We are teetering on the brink of FFP right now mate.
Thats before having to spend Big to compete in such competitions.

FFP is by design meant to stop clubs spending money in order to compete with the Real Big Boys no matter which way its dressed up.

Any ban is highly likely to be either suspended or put aside indefinitely when it goes to CAS, with a decision throwing it out or overturning it also not out of the question.

City have been expecting this ban from UEFA for months, believing the whole process, where UEFA are both judge and jury - their decision telegraphed before even the most basic procedures started, so blatantly flawed that their 168 word reply was preprepared, instantly released and dripping with fury.

The questions on Pep's future will get greater but the odds on any ban sticking have to be very doubtful.

If City were to get to the final the UEFA hierarchy may have to wear ear plugs to block out the ferocious drowning out of any attempt to play their CL anthem.

All this really. Good post mate.

2 outcomes this time in my opinion, 1. The ban is upheld and 2. City win the case and FFP is abolished. This will be the defining moment for FFP I've said all along that it will take 1 case to go all the way and FFP will crumble.. Either way it's good news for us.

£30 million to be at the front of the queue to sponsor our stadium? We got money for nothing right ?

Nothing?I’d pay 100 million to skip that q if I had it. Hate ques me. We sold piece of mind. Insurance company takes money of me every year and I never crash. If anything we got bent over for that price.

Not really sure how.

I'm as blue as the next poster but to suggest we are not trying to game the FFP system is a bit naive in my opinion.

I'm all for cheating FFP by the way as it is absolute bollocks but 30m for first refusal at naming rights when spurs as a CL finalist from London can't even achieve 20m a season for actual naming - come on!

Status
Not open for further replies.