Malky Mackay

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about redknapp? I think he worked wonders with tottenham, a couple of 4th place finishes and semi finals in the champions league. AVB is still reaping the benefits of redknapps work i think

Whoever it is:

1) Better not play favorites
2) Better play the best players available in their correct positions
3) Play to win, not to "not lose"
4) Get their tactics straight from the get go.

So all we ask from a new manager is to exceed Moyes' achievements, whilst playing better football.

Something no other manager has got near to doing, without at least £100m a season extra to spend, in all his time in charge.

And then they continued to cover themselves with glory ?

Yeah you can absoloutly get out of the championship and stay out of it by playing terrible route one football.

But I'd rather not watch that at everton, not the least because it doesn't work at the highest level. You don't win in europe, you certainly don't win trophies unless your team can keep the ball.

To me Mackay just seems a cheaper version of Moyes, both being similar types of manager. It took Moyes around 10 years to start playing any sort of attacking football, would we be back to square one with Mackay and have to wait another 10 years to start playing football similar to what we have got now?

If Kenwright wants to keep stability going and is looking for a similar version to Moyes, then why not keep with Moyes?

A year ago everyone here wanted Brendan Rodgers for the post, and the only thing he's inspired with his magical agenda is rhe redshoite's proficiency at eating contests.

There are so many talents raring to go, if the board knows one thing it's that they need to be thorough with getting a replacement in. Hopefully it's someone with as flashier name. Like Jared.

If nothing else at least he's got one on just about every manager we've ever employed* - he's won something (relatively significant, on a par with Wednesday under Catterick).

* not counting Kendall on his return after previous success here.

If nothing else at least he's got one on just about every manager we've ever employed* - he's won something (relatively significant, on a par with Wednesday under Catterick).

* not counting Kendall on his return after previous success here.

No manager has won anything with Everton who didn't used to play for us though...
So for that reason alone..
I'm out.

Scottish, Cheap and doing decent in the championship

That's all Kenwrong's boxes ticked, he got lucky with that recipe last time, he will stick with it, you can be certain his search, if he's even slightly prepared for this possibility, wont be an extensive one

Status
Not open for further replies.