Transfer Rumour Maitland-Niles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong and wrong..

1. He's arguably a better option than Chambers, Cedric & Holding at RB at this point yet Arteta seems to be persisting with them despite the fact that they've started the season poorly, which is probably why AMN is so frustrated right now. Arsenal fans generally rate him and agree that he should probably be getting more game time;

2. According to Ornstein it was his plan to continue at RB for the forseeable so this whole 'he doesn't want to play RB anyway' argument falls a bit flat. He'd join Everton knowing full well that RB will be his main position.
Arsenal taking a lot of flack over this in the media and from their own fans. Went out on deadline day last year. A lot of people in football think this could still happen. We'll see.

Seems Arsenal have signed Takehiro Tomiyasu (RB) which might allow them to let Mailtand-Niles leave?

What a strong character Arteta is refusing to loan a player he loaned out last season. If I were to speculate I'd say this is something more than the player - it's the destination he wanted to go to.

There's no love lost here for him.

The helmet headed weapon.
Either that or there is a personal issue between him and the player.

What a strong character Arteta is refusing to loan a player he loaned out last season. If I were to speculate I'd say this is something more than the player - it's the destination he wanted to go to.

On the contrary David, Mikel should be lauded for saving us from spunking money on another useless Arsenal reject.

Bravo Mikel.

To be fair he acts like we don't exists and calls Arsenal home after spending a couple of years there at the arse end of his career.

He really is the definition of the word helmet, can't wait for him to get the chop.

Did we not have similar things last year that a club would not let player go to what was perceived as a threatened rival?

To be fair he acts like we don't exists and calls Arsenal home after spending a couple of years there at the arse end of his career.

He really is the definition of the word helmet, can't wait for him to get the chop.
He doesn't like this club. I'm sure of it. I think he believes we held onto him too long, and his returns were always ugly affairs. And I dont believe for one moment he was considered for the job when Carlo got it.

This tug of war over an unwanted player is personal. Any other club came in this would have been sorted by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.