Maarten Stekelenburg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danny Blind got a lot of criticism from the Dutch footy establishment for including Stekelenburg in the team last night. Wim van Hanegem, in particular, was outspoken about it. I dont think that was a great way of answering critics, and he seems like a flapper to me.

GKs should be dominant and massively confident. I dont see that in this feller. Nothing against him, he's half-ways decent, but Robles class for me.
I think Robles offers more imo he is younger and can get better , but we sign a keeper with dodgy knees from the mighty Fulham he a good shot stopper as long as they are not hit from 35 yards, and is now stuck on his line like TH for crosses - I think he had a great start to the season, but in the back of my mind is his old injured knees not good for a goalkeeper!

I think Robles offers more imo he is younger and can get better , but we sign a keeper with dodgy knees from the mighty Fulham he a good shot stopper as long as they are not hit from 35 yards, and is now stuck on his line like TH for crosses - I think he had a great start to the season, but in the back of my mind is his old injured knees not good for a goalkeeper!
No spring left in those legs, and he's not aggressive enough in his goalmouth.

He's done ok, but we're past looking for ok...or so it was stated in the early part of last summer when we were told that we're now at the top table.

He's done ok, but we're past looking for ok...or so it was stated in the early part of last summer when we were told that we're now at the top table.
Robles had one bad game standing in last year - not the answer, but he can learn - Steck is a Crock imo!

Can't agree on Robles. Nothing about him suggests to me he will ever be a top goalie. He's far too nervy for one thing. I'm always nervy myself whenever he plays. Much prefer Steklenburg.
One shaky game last season?
I did say he is not the answer maybe one for the future
But Stek started well just scared his knees are going?

We should get rid of every player who has had one bad game even if he wasn't playing for Everton at the time.

Totally agree on the WBA goal.

I think for the Negredo goal he had mistimed his jump and caught it in the way down so was bit off balance too. He could have done that bit better I suppose. But it was still a blatant foul. Negredo hardly just jumped. He actually head butted Steks hand which is why the ball flew out. Do you think he just threw it into the net for a laugh?

Stek was in the air... you can be pushed with one hand if your feet aren't planted... negredo is a big lump too... he has a running jump at him and his head hits Steks elbow... I agree that stek was not at fault for that goal. If negredo didn't barge him he would have collected it... the only thing that stopped him was a foul .

Genuinely agree but your hatred of koeman and his cronies is so obvious

Agreed, hes not a top keeper, how many teams in the league have such a thing tho?

I mean how many top, top keepers are their currently in World Football?

A few weeks ago I would have put the boy Stegen in that group, but he made a boob the other day, so he can no longer be considered, De Gea? Also made a boob in the past, Cech? Boob, Lloris? Boob.

So there you have it, not a single top class Keeper in world football, cos they have all at 1 point made a boob.

Stickleback has done very well so far for us, not a single error leading to a goal, 5 goals conceded in 7 games, im happy with that.
5 goals in 7 a striker should be proud of, not a keeper

Status
Not open for further replies.