Lyon Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Through the tunnel at 8.00-ish on Wednesday night, drive to St Quentin (about 1.5 hour from Calais), for an overnight stay, then six-hour drive to Lyon on the Thursday morning. Staying on until Saturday, then back to England at 5.00pm and train home to Leeds. Sunday: Goodison.

Having been encouraged by the relatively resilient performance at Chelsea, I was re-invigorated about our prospects on Thursday.

After yesterday however, I now fear this could be our biggest hiding of the season.

Don't give up on it David Unsworth. We need a win... any win... to kickstart things and this would be a great platform from which to do so and get back in contention to go further and get through to the next round.

Even better, what a great springboard for the home game on Sunday.

This tie cannot be written-off. That would serve no purpose whatsoever and only dent morale further.

This ridiculous myth about the players being 'tired' is just a pre-emptive and pathetic excuse.

I want Everton to win every game. There is no merit in not doing so.

Wins breed confidence - and we are in desperate need of that right now, from any opportunity.

Wed morning 06:05 flight from Manchester to Munich, then Munich to Lyon, all with Lufthansa, arrive Lyon 12:45
Sat morning 10:50 Lufthansa flight to Frankfurt, then Frankfurt to Manchester.
Free ale on all flights
Staying in the old town.

Travelling to London tomorrow, staying with my cousin in Camden.

Eurostar to Paris, then connection with a three hour stop before train to Lyon. All in all, will take 6 hours and be in Lyon for 3pm.

Way home, Coach to Geneva Friday morning (5am), flight to Liverpool, pint at 12. Perfect.

Weds night, train to London, Train to Paris, night in Paris.
Thurs morn train to Lyon, stopping near train station in Lyon.
Home on Friday.

Wednesday Luton - Geneva, night in Geneva.
Thursday Geneva - Lyon (coach).
Friday Lyon - Geneva (train), Geneva - Luton.

Status
Not open for further replies.