Match Thread Luton Town v Everton - Chat, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Forget sky. I dont listen to them clowns.
He travels well with the ball. Takes players on.
He's got some ability. How high that goes im not sure. But id have him over doucoure every day of the week and twice on sunday. He cant even control and ball let alone run with it.
Not ranking him against Doucoure, not a fan myself, just didn’t see the hype. He’s decent but from watching a few championship games recently there’s plenty of this type.

Who do you want to play instead? He’s the same as Harrison imo in that regard, puts a shift in but offers very little, but we have no options. We’ve won 3 on the spin, yes the football is turgid but we are where we are and finally in a good run of form and looking (relatively) solid. Wouldn’t be expecting any kind of attractive football from this current squad or manager.
Who do I want to play instead of Doucoure?

For starters tonight here's the options

Dobbin - similar position he takes up for u21s and has pace
Mcneil - then have Dobbin on the left
Danjuma - then have Mcneil/Dobbin in Doucoure role and Danjuma on the left
Chermiti - let him find the space and play pressing up with a striker

That's literally just off the top of my head and the great thing is, in the main they can all control a football.

I'm not talking about playing like 1970 Brazil, I'm talking about a player being able to

A) control the round thing
B) pass the round thing in a fashion where it helps the teammate to be able to control the round thing

It's embarrassing watching a fella jog around with shins for feet blagging that it's all sound and then fans excusing it as if it's acceptable when there is actual real alternatives

They haven’t at home though have they? As I said, battered Brighton and Newcastle, drew to Liverpool in the last minute, lost narrowly to City and Arsenal. All better sides than us by a long way. Why do we have a right to win easily against them? Do you think the players go out and think ‘ah we’re not going to try to win today, the gaffer told us not to, he’s prefer a draw, we could win, but we’ve been told to try not to’? Of course they don’t. Everyone’s trying to win every game, they’re just not very good players.
And Brentford, yes Brentford brushed them aside like they weren't on the pitch.

Hmmm, let's see, we've stayed up despite two instances of points-deducted over the season. We had our first low-pressure end-of-season game in two seasons. We drew away.

Whatever you do: DO NOT enjoy this moment. Please start pissing and moaning about the quality of play; how the players were horrible; which players need to be sold; which players deserve our hate; how the manager needs to go...etc., etc., it's the GOT way.

Don't deviate from the script. This is the match thread!
Sack him on the bus home

Not ranking him against Doucoure, not a fan myself, just didn’t see the hype. He’s decent but from watching a few championship games recently there’s plenty of this type.

I didnt know he was being hyped mate tbh. I dont usually listen to anything on sky.
He's played at some good clubs. Man united and werder bremen.
All i know is he def has ability. Might be middle prem level.

You talk about arrogance, some of the people on this very forum after three decent results, rubbing peoples faces in it when we all should be enjoying a good result.

And I never implied once we should be wiping the floor with them, show a bit more intent to actually friggin win against a bottom three side that’s lost to almost everyone in this league bar us. That’s not arrogance, it’s disappointment.
We were winning 1-0. He has thrown two forwards on for the last 20 minutes mate. They are fighting for their lives.

Sky going with the administration talk because of a click bait headline in the Guardian
They really really don't like that we secured safety early and need the 'club in crisis' narrative to continue.

Next season it'll be "tragic swansong for Goodison" or smth stupid if we don't hit the ground running.

We were winning 1-0. He has thrown two forwards on for the last 20 minutes mate. They are fighting for their lives.

For a large part of the game the pen was the main shot on target and I know they are fighting mate which is why I thought we would be more relaxed and pick them off on the counter but the performance wasn’t much different from what we have played this season. That’s why I’m disappointed. Play on their nervousness as it were and I don’t think we did mate.