Match Thread Luton Town v Everton - Chat, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You talk about arrogance, some of the people on this very forum after three decent results, rubbing peoples faces in it when we all should be enjoying a good result.

And I never implied once we should be wiping the floor with them, show a bit more intent to actually friggin win against a bottom three side that’s lost to almost everyone in this league bar us. That’s not arrogance, it’s disappointment.

They haven’t at home though have they? As I said, battered Brighton and Newcastle, drew to Liverpool in the last minute, lost narrowly to City and Arsenal. All better sides than us by a long way. Why do we have a right to win easily against them? Do you think the players go out and think ‘ah we’re not going to try to win today, the gaffer told us not to, he’s prefer a draw, we could win, but we’ve been told to try not to’? Of course they don’t. Everyone’s trying to win every game, they’re just not very good players.

He kept messing up through balls which is unacceptable at this level yet Carragher kept saying how well he was playing and gave him MOTM 🤣
Pathetic stuff really. Chermiti did more in ten mins than that clown running fast and getting nowhere
Any actual neutral watching that game give MOTM to Branthwaite
For me just shows what pace can add to a team wouldnt want him to start here but would like sombody like him for a squad player

Yes I do.

100% I want Doucoure out of the side or is that wrong of me to expect an Everton player to be able to control a football and contribute?

Please do let me know though mate if we are playing a different sport and it's not football I'm supposed to be watching.
Who do you want to play instead? He’s the same as Harrison imo in that regard, puts a shift in but offers very little, but we have no options. We’ve won 3 on the spin, yes the football is turgid but we are where we are and finally in a good run of form and looking (relatively) solid. Wouldn’t be expecting any kind of attractive football from this current squad or manager.

Definitely for me, Branthwaite getting most votes up to now, I hope he was carrying an injury he looked well off his game tonight, maybe that save at the end is the cause of him getting those votes!

Him and tarkowski were solid. Well off his game?
Not sure what game you were watching mate tbh.

Some one shut that Carragher up , spouting again mentioning administration.

Absolute balloon this fella .

That Derby win must be stuck in his throat.....or is that phlem 😮‍💨
Blokes an absolute tool. Making out he was the only one saying how badly we were being run a few years back, and now he’s being proven right. Yeah cos none of us were saying that! Cant stand him

They haven’t at home though have they? As I said, battered Brighton and Newcastle, drew to Liverpool in the last minute, lost narrowly to City and Arsenal. All better sides than us by a long way. Why do we have a right to win easily against them? Do you think the players go out and think ‘ah we’re not going to try to win today, the gaffer told us not to, he’s prefer a draw, we could win, but we’ve been told to try not to’? Of course they don’t. Everyone’s trying to win every game, they’re just not very good players.

Oi ! I never said we have a right to anything and why do you have to exaggerate and twist what people say again by saying “we have a right to win easily against them” who is saying that on here?

And another thing, why do some of you feel compelled to rub peoples faces in it after a win knowing full well we are not a good side anyway which is part of where the negativity and criticism stems from in the first place.

What is so wrong in being disappointed in the result and performance against a bottom three promoted side? That doesn’t mean we have a right to win easily against them is it? It’s simply disappointment which the last time I checked is allowed alright?

Oi ! I never said we have a right to anything and why do you have to exaggerate and twist what people say again by saying “we have a right to win easily against them” who is saying that on here?

And another thing, why do some of you feel compelled to rub peoples faces in it after a win knowing full well we are not a good side anyway which is part of where the negativity and criticism stems from in the first place.

What is so wrong in being disappointed in the result and performance against a bottom three promoted side? That doesn’t mean we have a right to win easily against them is it? It’s simply disappointment which the last time I checked is allowed alright?

Because my first post which you jumped all over was literally in response to someone saying that we should be wiping the floor with that team.