Match Thread Luton Town v Everton - Chat, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Indeed. So perhaps it's unfair for us to moan at the manager for not trying to play expansive, high press, quick football.

You expect a manager in any walk of like to manage the resources they have.

I agree he hasn't shown "flair and finesse" it in his history in the Prem (his team were completely different when pissing the Championship as top goalscorers), but like with Burnley when he averaged £9m net spend per season for 7 years, he's setup to contain to stay in the league.

Can he progress from that? We'll only know when he has time and opportunity to recruit. If he can't, he won't last but for now, and next season - contain/pragmatism wins the day.

Now we're safe I do think we'll see us a little more higher up the pitch now though - not to Chelsea levels hopefully as it demonstrated as clear as day it's a stupid thing to do given our lack of pace - but that was evident at Brentford. I mean, we had full backs in their final third for one!
Pah! I want an overlapping goalie or I'm changing teams.

If them beating us twice already isn't motivation enough i don't know what would be.

If we put in a crap performance and lose we will always be a team that give up when get comfortable when we look safe. Happened twice already this season. Now that we are actually safe lets see do they return to form.

let’s do it!
tenor.gif