Lukaku's replacement ?

Go on then, who wouid you like ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The main problem is that that sort of player will just have better options than us. Sadly.

When City did their thing it was a very different time and to be honest even more money.

Players don't always go for the biggest wedge these days. They're not arsed if it's £200k or £240k a week. It's still a massive wage. And lots of teams can offer it now.

For us to even get close to that sort of player I think, and it's just my opinion, it would need to be a slow build over time. Not just going out offering gazzilions to players who won't even entertain coming here. That's just a massive waste of time.
I agree, it is going to take time as now all teams in the prem can offer wages that even only 6-7 years ago only the elite clubs, or the rich ones whatever way you want to describe them, could afford them. Nowadays all prem teams can afford them type of players but they only want to go to teams in champs league, regardless of wage cos the wage is still going to be huge anyway.

Martial would be my number one preference. Give him the no.9 shirt and play him centrally.
Someone like Sandro and back-up

I would put a bid in for Edin Dzeko and then go after Lucas Perez or even Benteke for backup. Would love us to land Willian from Chelsea also.

I'd love Diego Costa. He'd be our Spanish Big Dunc. :)

If we did (which we won't!) I'd expect a bit more from him than than Big Duncs poor scoring record. I never really got the hero worship for Dunc., we've built him up like some sort of latter day Dixie Dean. He was a decent player, and he seems like he's a sound fella but I've just never got this Legend status. He's not even in the top 50 Prem scorers. A cult hero? Yes. A Legend? Most certainly not. Injuries? Take away his injuries he averaged 1 goal every 4 games.

If we did (which we won't!) I'd expect a bit more from him than than Big Duncs poor scoring record. I never really got the hero worship for Dunc., we've built him up like some sort of latter day Dixie Dean. He was a decent player, and he seems like he's a sound fella but I've just never got this Legend status. He's not even in the top 50 Prem scorers. A cult hero? Yes. A Legend? Most certainly not. Injuries? Take away his injuries he averaged 1 goal every 4 games.

Spoken like somebody that doesnt understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.