Who your favourite?

• Lukaku

Votes: 69 51.1%
  • Ferguson

Votes: 66 48.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In fairness to big Dunc, he did very well given he was working with the likes of Pembridge, Cleland, Jon Sinclair and other such luminaries! If he had more quality around him he may have scored more?

I think Lukaku's body language resembling Sully out of Monsters Inc at times does him no favours also while I'm putting it out there Lukaku always reminds me of Grant from Die Hard 2.

Lukaku is the better and more skilful player but I still prefer Big Dunc as a player for us. If some of the gutless cowards we have playing for us atm had a fraction of the passion Big Dunc did we'd be in a much better position.

It's about talent utilisation for me. Lukaku has the tools to be the best striker in the world yet finds himself getting bullied by Klavan in a Derby. Ferguson had nothing like as much to his game but seemed to maximise what he had when it mattered for Everton. Plus he won something.

Ferguson lobbed his body on the line a damn sight more than he should have done. He had issues which took Everton ages to get to the bottom to. Pretty sure Baz spoke about it and said it was a miracle he played as much as he did ( something to do with nerves in lower back that they couldn't diagnose for ages ).

He's got an FA cup medal, hated the rs as much as we do, didn't just save it for the big games, he done what he could when fit ( see hattrick against Bolton as proof of wasn't always about the big games ).

Lukaku is a better finisher but between a fit Ferguson and a fit Lukaku I'd take the big man every day of the week

1483117132352.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.