Lukaku partner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to be honest, IMO in the PL Eto'o and Lukaku can't both start unless we change our formation. In 4-2-3-1 Lukaku has to play with two out and out wingers who give him service and a play maker (Barkley).

Lukaku and Mirallas link up the best so I'd say stop putting Barkley on the wing for the sake of Eto'o, either change the formation or drop one of Eto'o or Lukaku.

I'd go with (when fit):

Mirallas Barkley Pienaar/Oviedo
Lukaku

If you want to play Eto'o and Rom play them both as strikers as that's what they both are either do the diamond:

Barry
Barkley McCarthy
Mirallas
Lukaku Eto'o

Or do a Spurs and go 4-4-2:

Mirallas McCarthy Barkley Pienaar
Lukaku Eto'o

Half our problem is accommodating players, Barkley IS NOT a winger, play his through the middle or not at all. Same with Eto'o play him as the number 10 or a forward or not at all.

Ross Barkley. He plays where he wants...

...Central midfield.

That's the thing with Ross. Doesn't matter where you officially put him in your lineup. "Number 10", out wide whatever. He'll always drift into the middle of the park.

So with Ross, we probably need 2 wingers plus Rom.. and play more on the counter.

Nais is the more traditional strike partner. Rom, Kev and Nais are all regular goal scorers so with them you can bring in a playmaker like pienaar or osman... And play more possession football. One - twos around the box.

We should have bought Remy and played a 4-3-3 with Ross in midfield.

That strike force would have been as good as anyone excluding Chelsea

Why? We made 30m in profit and Remy cost 8 didn't he?

Plus he wasn't bought till late in the window so was available.

He also played wide for France.

As if we ever spend what people think our 'profit' is.

Getting Lukaku as it was, was weird. But Remy and Lukaku?!

I'm not disagreeing it would have been ace. But never going to happen.

As if we ever spend what people think our 'profit' is.

Getting Lukaku as it was, was weird. But Remy and Lukaku?!

I'm not disagreeing it would have been ace. But never going to happen.
But it was in our accounts, normally I would agree but we had the money. The new stadium better happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.