Homepage Article Lukaku: “I owe Everton so much”

Status
Not open for further replies.
He absolutely was. Not for Everton though.
Well, if you define it that way then you have an argument. But even then, Rooney had far more about him in my opinion. He was unlucky to be a star in a very poor side. Thankfully Moyes was able to build us up on the cheap after he left.

I remember the bad knock he got to his head late on against west ham. I think after that something changed and he just lost that edge a bit.
That happened when he was on loan with us, went on and scored 53 goals in 110 games for us when he signed permanently. What a daft opinion

That happened when he was on loan with us, went on and scored 53 goals in 110 games for us when he signed permanently. What a daft opinion
What I meant was, that after the head injury he lost that bit of aggression when attacking the ball with his head, not disputing his scoring record, just my opinion.

What I meant was, that after the head injury he lost that bit of aggression when attacking the ball with his head, not disputing his scoring record, just my opinion.
And what were you judging that on, the 45 minutes you saw him play before that given that was all he had played for us?

As an Everton player though? Rooney had undoubtedly a better career, but for Everton?...
Yeah - Wayne scored some absolute beauties. That's what its all about, surely?!?

His transfer fee helped keep us afloat too.

Last edited:
No player walks into any team unless he fits into the managers plan. Why were Utd happy to sell him on at a loss only to bring in a loan player from the Chinese league ?

My problem with Lukaku is that he needs the team built around him so that he can score lots of goals... which is limiting for a team. That largely was his problem at Utd where that didn't happen.

I am not saying he isn't a good player but not a player I would want back at our club for the kind of money he would cost.
To be honest for that kind of money I would want better. I would want a player with more mobility and a player more interested in the team performance than his goal scoring record.
You may disagree but that is my opinion.

mate he would walk into our team and he’s better than any striker we could realistically attract that is proven .we may be able to sign players that would develop into players like him ( like we did with lukaku himself) but as far as signing established players? We would struggle to attract players of his quality and with the guarantee of goals that he brings.

It’s not just him. Kanchelskis was the name I instantly thought of. Rooney at 17 is another. Nigel Martyn was a better player IMO. Totally different but I know who I’d rather have in the team. You could argue that Baines when he was The top 3 leading chance creators in Europe.

you have the goals in your team. So lukaku for me

If it's the goal I'm thinking of at West Ham, was that not his debut?
Are you referring to his debut?

A game where he only came off the bench and got the head knock you mention whilst scoring the winner?

:oops:
He is right, there's no need to jump all over that. He attacked the ball more aggressively at West Brom, he got completely knocked out with that goal and he never really went in for headers as aggressively again.

Status
Not open for further replies.