Homepage Article Lukaku: “I owe Everton so much”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Also I’ve just looked, Lukaku has more or less a 1 in 2 goal record, we could do with that here. I could see the board stumping up the money, it would just depend on if he wanted to come back, usually former players always speak well about there time at Everton.

Nice of him to say so...didn't come accross like that when he was here though...especially on international duty.
Maybe 'the grass isn't always greener' penny has...as it often does, belatedly dropped

Id take him back but only if in the contract we stipulated that his dad didnt come anywhere near the club and couldn't take about him...

People reading into his Instagram post too much. He ain't going nowhere!

It's just him talking positively about his time with us. We opened the door for him to move onto bigger things.

Yes he was rude in his ambition. It was clear he wanted bigger, better things. Who wouldn't want a fatter pay cheque, the chance to win trophies and to perform on the wider stage. His agent and parents didn't help though did they!

We were never going to let him leave with our blessing. Even the deluded naysayers on here I bet deep down knew the road ahead would be hard without his incredible goal output. The crowd booing and negative social media only helped accommodate his passage.

In my opinion he was a behemoth of a player in an Everton side lacking quality. I will never forget watching him. His brute strength and ferocious shooting. It is true he was never one of us. He was simply passing through.

I don't understand why he never hit it off at Man Utd. I know he has resumed his excellence at Inter. Like any person one matures as they gain experience. Now he is supremely wealthy maybe he is not as fiercely ambitious. Who knows. What I do know is that article in no way suggests he has issued a, 'come and get me plea! '

Status
Not open for further replies.