2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s clear LD doesn’t want to play FOR the team as the tactics don’t suit HIM. He doesn’t want to sit and defend as that is obviously not his best attribute, while I take on board he wants to play offensive and being an attacking left back. We can’t do that as we don’t have the team or players as it leaves us defensively vulnerable. I would honestly sell him in January, and get players in that want to play for the team and manager.

He’s been garbage for the past 18 months anyway. I’m no Benitez fan whatsoever and can’t wait to see the back of him, but if Digne has thrown a sickie tonight then he’s an absolute disgrace. He’s being paid a fortune by this club and given the state of the squad, he should be ashamed of himself.

Cash in on him in Jan and hopefully this Ukrainian lad will show a bit more commitment to the club and the supporters.

I’m not against signing a 22 year old to replace him tbh. Maybe we should’ve thought to do this with Coleman when he was 28/29 rather than waiting for his legs to fall off.

100%

Nice to see the fans turning on our best players as usual.

Stones.
Lukaku.
Barkley.
Coleman.
Mina.
Pickford.
Cahill.
Niasse.

To name but a few that have had this treatment. Calvert Lewin will be next when it takes him time to regain form while returning to a struggling side.

This is why we aren't allowed nice things.

If you look back at all the players weve had in the premier league that joined before they were 27.

Then consider those who we kept into their 30s.

Wouldnt it have been better for us to sell at 29 for good money and reinvest in u23 aged players who could have pushed us on more?

Digne is class.

With the news that this Ukrainian lad is signing you have to think Benitez has got digne a move lined up, and he's keeping him injury free?

Hope it's for big money if so.

Personally, I'm sorry about this whole episode and to see him leave when he goes - absolutley not the 1st player I'd be turfing, but maybe one of the few saleable assets, so we're cashing in?

It does seem like weve done a Digne deal already.

The Ukrainian lad flew in today. Met the Everton dignitaries, supposedly signed up all ready for the new year. Looks like Dignes on his way?

Is that confirmed?

He’s been garbage for the past 18 months anyway. I’m no Benitez fan whatsoever and can’t wait to see the back of him, but if Digne has thrown a sickie tonight then he’s an absolute disgrace. He’s being paid a fortune by this club and given the state of the squad, he should be ashamed of himself.

Cash in on him in Jan and hopefully this Ukrainian lad will show a bit more commitment to the club and the supporters.

Hahaha no.

He has been gash for 12 months.

I do like him though.

I realise this dosent help in the debate about him like…

The sacrificial lamb to our FFP situation.

Flipping him allows us to bring in significant reinforcements.

A shame to have ended how it has, but football is a brutal game, and if it allows us to get a RB and another midfielder plus the Ukrainian fella, then it makes a lot of sense.

Thanks for the memories Lucas.

Status
Not open for further replies.