2020/21 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.

"On Sunday, leaders Everton had their charcoal and seafoam shorts handed to them by Southampton at St Mary’s. To be fair, they’d been stitched up good and proper by that piece of work Virgil van Dijk, who as Carlo Ancelotti explained the other day, stuck one on their star man James Rodríguez in the first minute of the recent Merseyside derby, limiting him to just 179 of 179 minutes of football since. Not only that, by sneakily enticing Jordan Pickford into that crotch-first challenge, the wily Van Dijk has cleverly established a virulent anti-Everton agenda within the refereeing community, clearly evidenced by the red card awarded to Lucas Digne for taking a wild swipe at Kyle Walker-Peters, missing, then clumsily standing on his ankle and bending his leg to an alarming degree."

GTF smart arse.

It’s either a red or it isn’t. Wtf is this nonsense?

He arguably fouled him from behind twice in the same sequence. So if they deem it 2 bookable offences, then the 1 game makes sense.

I think it's a good result to be honest. Hopefully it sets a precedent where soft red cards are not also punished with 3 game bans. There should be discretion to determine the ban based on how serious the offence was.

Quality journalism again. lol

But no surprise really.

ElVsdnaXIAAXeMC

Ian Darke is a third rate commentator who looks like he stinks of piss.

He arguably fouled him from behind twice in the same sequence. So if they deem it 2 bookable offences, then the 1 game makes sense.

I think it's a good result to be honest. Hopefully it sets a precedent where soft red cards are not also punished with 3 game bans. There should be discretion to determine the ban based on how serious the offence was.
You can’t get booked twice for that

You can’t get booked twice for that

I think you can. Chris Baird got sent off for two bookings in the same passage of play in a Northern Ireland game in Belfast I was at a few years ago.

I expected a 3 game ban so pretty pleased with the outcome.

The Digne sending off on Sunday was a classic example of a player having an abysmal game going on to have a notorious one.

I'm confident that had he played well on Sunday he would have been in a more considered frame of mind and avoided the nonsense that led to the clumsy red.

If there is one thing that worries me about some of our better players this season, it's the impetuousness and general lack of in-game intelligence that's been on display these last few games.

Digne was the author of his own downfall on Sunday - as Richarlison was the week before. I don't want fellas waving their arms in outrage when "victims" of refereeing decisions. I want them using their brains and staying on the pitch to give their team-mates the highest chance of getting a result.

We'll have to make do without him now for the Newcastle game, but these lads need to get smarter and calm down if they are serious about making an impact this season.

I know people are claiming its a good result but I’m not having it. It’s either a sending off or it’s not, rescind the card or don’t. I’m not quite sure how they are finding a one match ban in what was quite clearly an accident, it was a yellow at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.