2020/21 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gets away with it this lad because he’s a fans favourite. Who’s idea is it to keep him on corners?

Think we put too much pressure and expectations on him and there needs to be some leeway given with him.

You’ve got to remember most of his good play comes from having Richarlison in front of him dragging the oppositions fullbacks away allowing him to get further forward and leaving lots of space for him to get a cross in.

With Richarlison playing further forward and centrally now, Digne is literally having to make his own space and do everything else on his own. Its not working, it’s absolutely sad watching him get the ball on the half way line run a bit further forward and then have to stop because he doesn’t have the capabilities of being able to take on the fullback, he tries the kick and rush approach but that doesn’t work either. It’s not his style of play.

What also doesn’t help is that we have nothing on the right hand side so we have become overly expectant on him coming up with the goods and as you can see in this thread people are already jumping on his back now saying he’s isn’t good enough.

It’s sad, without him this season we’d be languishing in the bottom half of the table.

I feel sorry for him.

Don't think so. The PL is awash with FBs of similar quality. Not fit to lace Baines's boots.

Is it really? Name a few who’s stats compare to his?

Fickle bunch our fans, I can get turning on the crap players but turning on the players who have consistently contributed in a positive way for the last few seasons is ridiculous.

Anyone that can beat the first man maybe

He's got Artetaitis. It happens to all our corner takers eventually. It effected Sigurdsson against West Brom but he was lucky his was that bad it came back to him.

On Digne general play he was poor last night but every time the ball was passed to him it was so congested. He is actually suffering most from James being missing as its obvious our play will come more from that side so teams can set up to nullify it.

He's been poor since his return no doubt about it. But deserves credit for coming about about 10 games earlier than usual.

He's certainly not at his confident best because he's constantly playing the ball backwards and he's a big issue currently with us in possession of the ball. tbf to him I wouldn't want to pass forward to Richarlison either who is dreadful at retaining possession or picking the right pass.

I think Digne has been over used though since his return and should have been rested a couple of games.

He's been poor since his return no doubt about it. But deserves credit for coming about about 10 games earlier than usual.

He's certainly not at his confident best because he's constantly playing the ball backwards and he's a big issue currently with us in possession of the ball. tbf to him I wouldn't want to pass forward to Richarlison either who is dreadful at retaining possession or picking the right pass.

I think Digne has been over used though since his return and should have been rested a couple of games.
He really hasn't been. Especially when there is a single creative option beside him in the team. The tbf part about Richarlison is everything.

The current system doesn't suit him at all. It's mostly Gomes tasked with coming out the left to help him defend and he's playing the role of LW himself in attack. Looked best when linking up with someone in front of him to overlap.

Literally most of our attacks end up with ‘give it to Digne and hope he produces a perfect delivery’, reliant on him like Moyes was with Baines between 2010-2012. Still produced a better cross than Holgate or Iwobi have ever managed and that was on his weaker foot ffs. Hopefully we get a right hand side in the summer so we’re not constantly relying on him.

Baines and Coleman in their pomp didn’t work without the CM’s covering them (McCarthy and Barry anyone?) when you’ve got the most dribbled past player in Gomes not covering for you and Tom Davies who isn’t the most mobile then it’s no surprise Digne doesn’t perform to his best. He was immense when we had our strongest midfield fit earlier on in the season.

Oh and Baines hit the first man from corners every single time too so let’s nip that one in the bud too eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.