2020/21 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our very own Andrew Robertson.

Only kidding.

2ZB.gif

Leighton Baines was only slightly slightly better than him, which is very high praise, great player. Defensively better than Baines aswell

Leighton Baines was only slightly slightly better than him, which is very high praise, great player. Defensively better than Baines aswell
I would say he still could be better then baines at this stage because he is playing under a manager that is better then any manager baines played under so will keep developing.

Baines in his own right though I would of put up there with the best left backs in the world at one stage in his prime

The one thing Baines has over Digne is the feeling we got when he was standing over a dead ball in a goal scoring position. His penalty record is sublime & his freekicks are etched into our minds as some of our favourite Premier League moments. The 2 against West Ham in both Top Corner, the Newcastle sledgehammer plus many more. Only a small few players had that aura of being 25 yards out & the world would stop & shut up for them & watch the masterpiece coming. We are talking Beckham, Ronaldo level of players.
I do actually think Digne can show us more from the freekicks but he has more competition in the squad for that role than Baines did.

The one thing Baines has over Digne is the feeling we got when he was standing over a dead ball in a goal scoring position. His penalty record is sublime & his freekicks are etched into our minds as some of our favourite Premier League moments. The 2 against West Ham in both Top Corner, the Newcastle sledgehammer plus many more. Only a small few players had that aura of being 25 yards out & the world would stop & shut up for them & watch the masterpiece coming. We are talking Beckham, Ronaldo level of players.
I do actually think Digne can show us more from the freekicks but he has more competition in the squad for that role than Baines did.
I also think Digne is more of an all rounder than Baines. His defending wasn't the greatest and I always felt he was exposed in that regard when on International duty.

But for Everton he more than made up for it with his attacking play, especially when playing alongside Pienaar.

Our left side of the field is absolutely nasty with him and Richy bossing on both sides of the pitch.

James and Coleman aren't too shabby either, but this is like remember the titans. Left side! Strong side!

Sheedy gave me the same feeling

You all know that these complimentary comments about Baines will cause Davek to arise from his slumbers , creak open the coffin lid , arise , and berate you all !.
This is what I would expect on the brands thread as he hates brands but on here he should enjoy actually saying nice things about our genius left back

I also think Digne is more of an all rounder than Baines. His defending wasn't the greatest and I always felt he was exposed in that regard when on International duty.

But for Everton he more than made up for it with his attacking play, especially when playing alongside Pienaar.
All true, only I'd add that Digne dives in a lot more than Baines ever did.

He can a bit a rash when it comes to giving fouls away in dangerous areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.