2020/21 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked 4 yards slower than normal - Carlo got this badly wrong not fit enough imo.....
In the grand scheme of things, this was a very low risk game to give him a chance to build his fitness up. The fact we made such hard work of it is typical Everton, but I'd rather give him time against Rotherham than try to give him odd minutes in league games.

A fully fit Digne, is making me think having a similar option at right back would take us to another level.

Feel bad saying that given it's Coleman, but his delivery isn't great is it?

It would (in theory at least) have a similar impact to the team that Coleman's emergence had around ten years ago, especially for the last year of Moyes and first of Martinez. A tangible threat down both sides, might even mean Richarlison has a few crosses to get on the end of too.

In the grand scheme of things, this was a very low risk game to give him a chance to build his fitness up. The fact we made such hard work of it is typical Everton, but I'd rather give him time against Rotherham than try to give him odd minutes in league games.
If he starts like that v Wolves away that fast winger will take him apart...

tbh this isn’t new info is it?? His delivery has been big awful for a few years now. A new RB in the mold of Digne is and was our number 1 priority... in spite of Coleman’s good start to the season, which was a nice surprise as I didn’t think he had too much left...

A fully fit Digne, is making me think having a similar option at right back would take us to another level.

His delivery quite good during the early season purple patch, but not since.

A top-shelf right back would ease the creative burden on Rodriguez and open up space for him to operate, whether it's through the center or out on that wing.

It'd say it's a higher priority than sorting midfield depth or the #1 GK, but below finding a backup option in the event that DCL goes down. Richarlison has played well in the past as part of a two-man setup up top, and we could potentially rest DCL or swap formations as a Plan B if we had someone up there to pair with Richarlison, but I'm not sure that taking over DCL's pure poacher role is the best use of Richarlison's talents.

Looked 4 yards slower than normal - Carlo got this badly wrong not fit enough imo.....

I think Carlo got it right - definitely wasn't up to scratch, but we won the game (as we should) and he got 65 competitive mins.

Will be better for the run. And didn't think the risk, and poor performance outweighed the fitness reward.

Can't be starting tomorrow not against Traore of all players, Godfrey should be LB tomorrow, He'll get ripped to bits, Probably the worst player to face when you've came back from a lengthy injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.