Looking ahead to the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

n01efc

Player Valuation: £20m
Reading on the news that Osman may never play again got me thinking about how big a rebuilding job this summer is going to be. It is likely that the spine of this club which David Moyes relied on, and what we have cheered on for years, is going to be no longer. Taking into account the below list of possible players exiting, is the this the most important summer we have faced as a club in the last decade and will this summer determine if we have any success in the next few years?

Possible players leaving:

Howard- sounds like we are getting a replacement and Tim may go to the MLS;

Distan- likely to retire or be sold;

Coleman- apparently wants to leave if the rumours in the transfer thread are right;

Hibbert- likely to retire;

Pienaar- injury prone of late and may be sold;

Osman- could have played his last game;

Mirallas- likely to be sold if he doesn't sign a contract extension, only 12 months left and wants CL football.

Last edited:
Each summer is always regarded as the most important in the club's recent history. These types of things have a way of working themselves out. Holding onto Coleman and Mirallas would be a good start.

Added to the fact we have a load of youngsters too.

Seamus will stay but I fear Kev will leave.

Howard/Pienaar/Osman should all leave or retire anyway.

I've not lost faith in Distin yet

The summer is going to be very interesting. With the exception of Howard and Mirallas (Coleman if sold will go for big money) none of those players are first teamers and I would even play Joel ahead of Howard at this stage so financially it's not much of an issue but its a lot of squad players to replace.

Then again next season we are unlikely to be in Europe so we won't need a large squad.

Lets just hope the youngsters come through.

Status
Not open for further replies.