London to Liverpool help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually not a bad idea. You can always pretend to be one of them. Just call McCarthy every name under the sun and bring a 99p tub of bubbles to blow on the motorway.
Aye, and start watching some Eastenders to perfect the Danny Dyer wide boy accent in time for the weekend.

Nawty.

Euston is fine for West ham (Sep 16th) Fulham (Sep 29th) Palace (Oct 21st) only problem being Virgin Trains are aware that we're playing London teams on those dates so there are no cheap fares on offer.

I bought my trains for Brighton at home yesterday (Nov 3rd) £22rtn which is what the others should really be instead I'm having to pay £63rtn each time...

I’ve had exactly the same trouble. It’s an absolute disgrace and utterly brazen as if you look at the alternate days on those weekends the fares are normal prices. Been fuming about this. Even with our two together railcard, it’s just shy of £120 for me and my dad for each game (Fulham closer to £100).

I'm going down to London the Friday night and was hoping to get the train back in time for the match...

Keep me updated with your results mate - I might join you.

It's looking like a 4 hour journey for £43? where you change at Brum?
£43 each way - it’s £86 for a return.

To be honest, on the week of the game you’d usually struggle to get a cheap advance fare anyway. £86 isn’t far off the standard off peak return which Virgin always charge when we play a London team - usually it’s about £81.

£43 each way - it’s £86 for a return.

To be honest, on the week of the game you’d usually struggle to get a cheap advance fare anyway. £86 isn’t far off the standard off peak return which Virgin always charge when we play a London team - usually it’s about £81.

I'm at paying £30 to get down there Friday evening then paying the £43 to return Saturday morning.

That's the price I'd expect to pay if I'm travelling to London on the weekend?

Just checked national rail and you can get 30 quid return from Marylebone to moor street - walk 10 mins to new street - 25 quid return to lime street

Only just seen this, but there's a fella on twitter saying about Euston being closed too. He's put his name an number up as Steve 07922849500 so give him a call or text and hopefully sort it out. Good luck mate

Status
Not open for further replies.