Match Thread Liverpool vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Even if we beat Leeds the liklihood is we will be straight back in as Leeds have Southampton at home and we have Villa at home........ just saying

If we lose to Leeds we will be 4 or 5 points cut adrift and probably gone

We've won two away games in 27 before tonight.

I know we had an impressive win vs Arsenal, but it was always going to be hard tonight. I think if we could keep DCL fit, we'd be more than fine. Unfortunately don't think that seems possible.

We were poor tonight, we have been for most of the season.

Leeds next, the players need the crowd, we need to make it as hostile for Leeds as possible.

That first half wasn't too bad, so close to going one up and then our weakness in transitions costs us. Terrible terrible defending for the opening goal, so naive. The 2nd half was absolutely abysmal, the defending for the 2nd goal is just absolutely [Poor language removed] shocking. Kills the game and they just pass it around and make us look as [Poor language removed] as we are. We are so [Poor language removed] poor upfront, we don't have anyone outside of DCL, so we can't even punt it and just play for crosses and set pieces. If he doesn't stay fit I think we have to play Onana upfront and just try to hold the ball up, like when we put Fellaini up under Moyes. Its the only alternative I can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.