Match Thread Liverpool v Everton : Sunday 24th April 2022 : Kick Off 4.30pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Burnley beat Watford on Saturday we are five points behind going into Chelsea, how come our games have been scheduled behind theirs every time? Also we have always been behind in games played the other week we had a free weekend that could have been filled with a game. It makes it a mountain to climb we may be left hoping Leeds plummets and hoping we win the three games at the end of the season, its looking a tough ask.
I highly doubt anyone expected us to be in a relegation battle off the back of last season.

Or in a relegation battle at this point either seeing as though we have thrown a fair few points away

Burnley beat Watford on Saturday we are five points behind going into Chelsea, how come our games have been scheduled behind theirs every time? Also we have always been behind in games played the other week we had a free weekend that could have been filled with a game. It makes it a mountain to climb we may be left hoping Leeds plummets and hoping we win the three games at the end of the season, its looking a tough ask.

The philosopher, Carl Jung, termed the concept of synchronicity.

You have pretty much summed it up there in terms of EFC's situation.

I really now fear that the sequence of events are sending us into the championship.

:(

PS= Back on topic, the aftermath of this game, just sum's up the RS scumbags, and their media buddies.

Gordon dived, first half. No card? Ritchie try to break Henderson's leg? Only yellow?
there was actually contact with Keita, he stuck his foot out which extended his knees and initiated contact, even ally mccoist said this morning on talksport that he believes it was not a dive

richy was already on the ground with henderson and their legs were on top of each other, how can you break someone's leg in that position, its physically impossible, you have no momentum and force. He's pushing henderson off him with his boot.

We should write to the PGMOL. But they'll just say the ref got it wrong like they said after the City game. But we then have to ask again why did the ref get it wrong. It can be either, because they obviously don't know the rules and can't guage what constitutes a foul for a pen so they need to be sacked or they get it wrong deliberately because they want to make sure city and LFC don't drop points so as to keep the title race close. Simply saying they got it wrong is just a standard get out to hide behind.

Yeah, it’s why I am confused reading some people saying it should have been at least a draw. Watching a different game from me.
I think it is you who was watching a
So diving, timewasting and trying to injure players should be allowed, because its your team? Would love to see your reaction if the roles were reversed. Probably as embarrassing as that performance yesterday.
Roger, diving, time wasting and trying to injure players should not be allowed, the referees should clamp down on it. I have no issue with a referee booking Everton players for diving or time wasting, I have no issue with a referee sending an Everton player off for trying to injure a player. Indeed I would encourage it. Where I have an issue is when a referee is not prepared to give a decision against one of the Sky 6. When Gordon was barged over in the box with the offender not even making a pretence of playing the ball you can see the referee contemplating the ramifications of giving a penalty against Klopp and Liverpool. If you get on the wrong side of the Sky 6 clubs or their managers then the Sky pundits and the press we destroy you and you chances of getting big games in the future will be affected.
I think we can all agree that the Premier League is set up to protect the status of the top six, the finances, the transfer system etc. are there to ensure the status quo, these things could be changed but there is no stomach for it. Now we have the more sinister addition of referees being afraid of certain clubs and managers and failing to give decisions against them.
The latest review of the Premier League should be a catalyst for change but we all know the vested interests will block anything which may allow any club from outside the Sky 6 to break through. Football is only going one way and these 6 or most of them will break away to form a money making machine with their European counterparts.

Perhaps we should have a worst man of the match award. Hard to say but I think the referee won that one. closely followed by the four RS players who could of but didn't put the ball out when Richy was down. Allison probably the worst.
I watched the NBC highlights in the USA this morning - didn't even show the Gordon penalty but did show Allison mocking Pickford in the second half. Wonkers.
as for us, what was Keane doing on that second goal. Free header for Origi, didn't even try to put him off. Mykolenko and gordon were good, Dele did ok when he came on and Richy is better on the left than CF.

Amusing seeing a Liverpool 'fan' claiming bad refereeing in their favour.

They should literally of had about 5 reds in the past 4 games.
Should have been down to 9 against City at the etihad, neither given.

Biggest hypocrits in world football.

2 against City
1 against the mancs
2 against us

5 reds
None given

Everyone against them though lol

Status
Not open for further replies.