Match Thread Liverpool v Everton : Sunday 24th April 2022 : Kick Off 4.30pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't see the point in starting Rich up top in this game. He'll get nothing and it's basically playing with 10 men then. We need an outball

I don't know if Godfrey is bad at RB tbh, it's just like he plays at LB and Myko has been playing well.

I just don't think we can risk Mina

As I mentioned, I'd have Iwobi and Richarlison to press their players on the ball.

Otherwise its 2 banks of 4 to defend. The only target is simply not to concede and frustrate.

The interesting thing will be whether Lampard 'goes' for it and starts Delph and Mina. I wouldnt play either of them.

We simply have to come out of this Match unscathed. We have zero chance of getting anything from it. Play the kids and live to fight another day. Staying up is all that matters right now

I just don't see the point in starting Rich up top in this game. He'll get nothing and it's basically playing with 10 men then. We need an outball
Honestly this might sound daft and probably wont happen I'd rather grey up front then richie. We're not going to hold the ball up and have much possession, better to play on the counter and that's grey's strength. Also it would allow rich to provide more of a defensive contribution as grey has been a liability in that regard

Sit in and make it difficult and hopefully offer something going forward, for me the shape should be 4-1-4-1 becoming a 4-3-3. Hopefully Frank and his highly skilled back room team have a game plan that will work. But lets face it they are better than us in every single department, you never know from a one off game but I don`t think we are getting anything regardless of who plays.

But for me.....

Pickford

Coleman Keane Godfrey Mykolenko

Delph

Alli Iwobi

Gordon Richarlison Gray
Might be worth giving El Ghazi a run out, I don`t think he can be any worse than Gray has been since his injury.

I'm going for a 1-0 win against the weirdos, UTFT.

FRB1XfYXMAEBK4F

Had a kid over here in the US wearing a Liverpool top sass me over my Everton shirt. He said “Apparently you picked the wrong side of Liverpool”. I proceeded to ask him who Kenny Daglish, Ian Rush and Bill Shankly were… he had zero clue. Much to my wife’s chagrin I told him that if I, a rival knew more about his club than I did, he was no supporter. Also, that I’d been supporting Everton since before he was a bubble in his dad’s ball sack and he’d do well to mind who he spoke to about such things. ?
Well done mate, taught that kid a lesson.

Sit in and make it difficult and hopefully offer something going forward, for me the shape should be 4-1-4-1 becoming a 4-3-3. Hopefully Frank and his highly skilled back room team have a game plan that will work. But lets face it they are better than us in every single department, you never know from a one off game but I don`t think we are getting anything regardless of who plays.

But for me.....

Pickford

Coleman Keane Godfrey Mykolenko

Delph

Alli Iwobi

Gordon Richarlison Gray
Might be worth giving El Ghazi a run out, I don`t think he can be any worse than Gray has been since his injury.
Don't get why El Ghazi hasnt been given a go. He's decent a finding the through pass which if dvb of dele got going would be useful
and Gray needs to see his competition. Plus El Ghazi adds a bit more physicality. Probably shouldve been given more of a go.

Aye, it's more about the culture of the club rather than having fans from abroad. The RS openly prioritise travelling fans over loyal local supporters.

I was talking to a ST holder last night who mentioned that he was told in the week they still had up to 7,000 (yes thousand!) tickets available for tomorrow.

This is because the club will not lower the membership quota required - focusing on those with money who will turn up, spend in the shop and whatnot.
Can confirm that, knew a mate whose brother came back from Australia, they were told in the club shop there were tickets still on sale for Stoke when they first got promoted they went to the ticket office and asked for 2 tickets only to be told, they'd sold out. While they were milling about asking for spares, a group of foreigners turned up in a taxi and went to the ticket office and were sold tickets. A bizzie asked them why they were asking for tickets, when they hadn't sold out, they told them what happened and the bizzie went nuts with the people in the ticket office and he made them give them hospitality tickets for free. The bizzie said it happens all the time at Liverpool, that they sell tickets to tourists but not locals.

Status
Not open for further replies.