Match Thread Liverpool v Everton : Sunday 24th April 2022 : Kick Off 4.30pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m guessing he didn’t because he’s been in football all his life and knows the match wasn’t fixed. We managed one shot on target in 90 minutes. Yes it was an encouraging rearguard etc etc but we lost because they were smarter than us in a couple of key moments. It’s gone, we have to take that spirit into the next six, but we didn’t do enough to get a point there if we’re brutally honest

Its called not burning your bridges. He has been in those enviable position as a player where the officialdom will look favorable on your team. He hopes as a manger he will again. So he aint going to take a waz on his chips. Too many have accepted those decisions against Newcastle City and this lot as one of those things that happens in football, it makes a mockery of sport.

I'm hard pressed to think of a more over-hyped player than Thiago. Every game of theirs I'm unfortunate enough to watch, all I hear from the commentators - American or English - is how brilliant he is, but he's just not. He's a good player, but not remotely world-class, and they bang on about him like he's prime-Iniesta.

Dele has shown fight, quality, level headed decision making whenever we've seen him, and he actually made two chances in the box in the last two games, which nobody else seems to do. Baffles me why he doesn't spend more time on the pitch.
I don’t think he’s been ready mentally tbh, heard a few ‘stories’ about his social life. I think he’s probably getting ready to play now.

Fingers crossed he makes an impact. I think he’d do well with Rondon upfront tbh.

I’m guessing he didn’t because he’s been in football all his life and knows the match wasn’t fixed. We managed one shot on target in 90 minutes. Yes it was an encouraging rearguard etc etc but we lost because they were smarter than us in a couple of key moments. It’s gone, we have to take that spirit into the next six, but we didn’t do enough to get a point there if we’re brutally honest
rs only managed 4 on target, including the 2 goals, and given their massively higher possession I'm not sure what your point is here.

From that today I assume that VAR is only used at Anfield if it can benefit the home side?

Anthony Gordon my MoM without a doubt, but all the players can hold their heads up for that fighting performance. I only hope we can replicate it in the games we have left.

Disgraceful performance by the match officials and the media coverage was abysmal. I had to suffer Jim Beglin's patronising bias for the whole game.

I know that this is completely off kilter. And nothing to do with todays match. But our next two matches are on a Sunday. Burnley’s are on a Saturday. That’s advantage Burnley imo. They win ,then that has to be more pressure on our bunch.
Of course all that is not a fix. But again imo it’s bad luck for us. Burnley win their matches , then it’s pressure on our team. Pressure on us supporters. Pressure on everything Everton.
Ps…..but let’s just win our matches. And try not to worry about Burnley.
But I hate Sunday matches. I really do.

Status
Not open for further replies.