Match Thread Liverpool v Everton : Sunday 24th April 2022 : Kick Off 4.30pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The odds are, we will get a terrible hammering on Sunday, it is, however, a derby game and anything can happen on the day. The first time I set foot in analfield was in September 1964, it was back in the days when football teams had what was very much a first 11. Due to injuries, the purple heart drug taking,alleged by Albert Dunlop, Everton's reserve goalkeeper and suspension, we fielded 8 reserve team players and we're expected to be massacred.

The scene was set before the game by one of our lovable Kopite neighbours running on to the pitch and planting a large cardboard purple heart in the centre circle, we waited with apprehension in the Analfield Rd. end. The game started, Derek Temple scored after 30 seconds and we went onto play Liverpool off the park and win 4-0.

Now I don't expect anything of the sort to happen on Sunday, but, it just goes to show, you never know In a derby game.

Hoping our lads can nick something and just put in some pride and effort and the occasional snapping tackle, but the hope kills as we now it.

Not sure I can be arsed watching the 380yo James Milner outpacing Gray in the 65th minute or Thiago outrunning 21yo Tony Gordon in the 75th minute, or little Diaz beasting 8ft yerry Mina and putting him on his arse - the full suite of peds taken by dynamo salbutamol fc for Sunday I reckon.

If nothing else blues, effin gerrin to them.

We would have be very exceptional here, and even then that may mean nothing, like so many i expect nothing in reality, but would love a draw if offered now, i will miss 2nd half of this due to going Walton Park for the Girls, so i hope we don't do bad the 1st half lol

Status
Not open for further replies.